PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the update trap!

eye87
02-05-2011, 05:56 AM
I paid this app to piss me more everytime when your new update came up! if you are sure all data will be delete in the new version, DON'T RELEASE it!! is this how trendy entertainment do your stuff?? released an update which will clear your data, then post it at a corner of the forum, 'backup your file, YOURSELF'. after people started complaining and this is your replied, 'you've been warned'! What the heck?! at least write it in the appstore description!! GO SUCK YOUR TOES TRENDY ENTERTAINMENT

Malandm
02-05-2011, 05:59 AM
That's a bit rude...I mean... Trendy did their best... And if it wasn't for them,then u wouldnt have found such a fun game in the first place... GO TRENDY!

whiteb
02-05-2011, 06:21 AM
I paid this app to piss me more everytime when your new update came up! if you are sure all data will be delete in the new version, DON'T RELEASE it!! is this how trendy entertainment do your stuff?? released an update which will clear your data, then post it at a corner of the forum, 'backup your file, YOURSELF'. after people started complaining and this is your replied, 'you've been warned'! What the heck?! at least write it in the appstore description!! GO SUCK YOUR TOES TRENDY ENTERTAINMENT

Your wish is their command, Itunes now updated to warn "THIS UPDATE WIPES USER DATA".

finalmagic
02-05-2011, 06:25 AM
It's supposed to wipe your data?

AdrielBong
02-05-2011, 06:26 AM
No its not finalmagic. Please dont update unless you want a lvl 1 huntress.

jetah
02-05-2011, 07:22 AM
It's supposed to wipe your data?

yes it is suppose to purge your save data. says so in the itunes patch notes.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/dungeon-defenders-first-wave/id404296113?mt=8
look for yourself if you dont belive me.

KrAg
02-05-2011, 07:29 AM

I doubt they intended it to destroy everyone's game. This was probably added simply as a warning. They should just pull the app and actually fix bugs instead of adding new features for now.

KireDeath
02-05-2011, 07:38 AM

Don't worry everyone. This person is spreading false information and getting a kick out of it. Allow her to think that she is right.

chev_327_fox
02-05-2011, 08:39 AM
They meant to wipe it because if we all start at level 1 we will be more likely to spend $ on purchasing in app mana and Trendy will make more $... genius, in a sneaky back stabbing kind of way.

They are going to tell us some crap about how they had to wipe all the data because of some issue with the new updates compatibility with the old one or something like that... it most likely wont be true is all I am saying.

KireDeath
02-05-2011, 08:43 AM
They meant to wipe it because if we all start at level 1 we will be more likely to spend $ on purchasing in app mana and Trendy will make more $... genius, in a sneaky back stabbing kind of way.

They are going to tell us some crap about how they had to wipe all the data because of some issue with the new updates compatibility with the old one or something like that... it most likely wont be true is all I am saying.

This is conspiracy theory. Wait until they officially respond before making assumptions.

chev_327_fox
02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
This is conspiracy theory. Wait until they officially respond before making assumptions.

I know... really it is just a theory but it just seems that way, trust me I HOPE I am wrong.

KireDeath
02-05-2011, 08:57 AM
I know... really it is just a theory but it just seems that way, trust me I HOPE I am wrong.

Perception can deceive you brother. ; )

I read another theory that was sound and it is this. Trendy most likely updated the handling of save files to prevent hacking and thus the unintentional result was the incompatibility of prior save files. This theory makes much more sense. In fact they are only helping the community if this is true.

Finally
02-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Perception can deceive you brother. ; )

I read another theory that was sound and it is this. Trendy most likely updated the handling of save files to prevent hacking and thus the unintentional result was the incompatibility of prior save files. This theory makes much more sense. In fact they are only helping the community if this is true.

This is more likely... it looks like the game can't properly import the old save files and convert them to the new system. There is now a backup save to prevent total loss. I assume it has to do with this.

Also.... really guys? Keep it civil /Closed