Close
Login to Your Account

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this suggestion?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

6 42.86%
  • Yes, but with some changes.

7 50.00%
  • No!

1 7.14%

Thread: Wasted overflow mana

0 Not allowed!

Wasted overflow mana

All of you probably know how you end up wasting loads of mana since you cannot use it in any way before it disappears, especially during survival / pure strategy / harder difficulties.

Most of you probably also agree that mana farming is just a boring waste of time.

Suggestion:
    Allow picking up mana crystals with full mana pool.
    Mana picked up this way is split between players and banked.

Some of you (devs especially) may think that this will hurt longevity of the game, but I disagree strongly. Mechanics requiring needless grinding will often discourage players to continue, and leaves a bad impression of the game.

0 Not allowed!
    Ill say im on board with this. Mana being deleted because you cant pick it up is just dumb. The same is true about the loot that drops and then is deleted because you cant pick it up. if its on a delete que it should just be sold off and put in the banks of the players not just deleted.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    if its on a delete que it should just be sold off and put in the banks of the players not just deleted.
    This might make afk-farming mana too simple and easy, that's why I suggested a player having to actually collect it.

0 Not allowed!
    I would like to see all mana earned in a dungeon split between the players at the end of the level regardless of whether it has been picked up or deleted by the game during play. The same is true of the mana value of items drops either left on the dungeon floor or deleted during play.

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with the suggestion, but with a few minor changes. One was already mentioned.

Items that are deleted should split the mana between all present. I don't think this would make afk mana farming too simple and easy. If you have a friend or someone that is willing to let you afk mana farm, then by all means, go ahead. I don't know about anyone else, but if I catch someone afk mana farming in a game I create, instant boot, enough said.

I would also like to make a small suggestion on the OPs point of mana split between players. My suggestion may involve too much coding, but here is what I think.

We should be allowed to pick up mana when we are full, but the extra mana should be given to all players' mana pools until they too are full, THEN go to the bank (evenly split obviously in both cases).

OR what should happen is that you cannot pick up extra mana if you are full and someone else is not full on mana. This would prevent things like not enough mana for upgrades, or hogging all the mana for yourself to build towers and what not, or taking all the dropped mana if you have a genie.

Maybe there is too much coding involved, but just soemthing I would like added o the OPs suggestion.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    I would like to see all mana earned in a dungeon split between the players at the end of the level regardless of whether it has been picked up or deleted by the game during play. The same is true of the mana value of items drops either left on the dungeon floor or deleted during play.
    Pretty much the same thing I'm suggesting, but I would reward players for actually collecting all the excess mana, not just automatically giving it away. Your idea also has other flaws: people disconnecting/crashing get nothing, which might even lead to game hosts kicking people right before ending the game and late game joiners could get free mana they didn't earn.

FYI, Items/mana left on the floor between waves and after the game is already split and banked.

Quote Originally Posted by Soransis View Post
    I agree with the suggestion, but with a few minor changes. One was already mentioned.

Items that are deleted should split the mana between all present. I don't think this would make afk mana farming too simple and easy. If you have a friend or someone that is willing to let you afk mana farm, then by all means, go ahead. I don't know about anyone else, but if I catch someone afk mana farming in a game I create, instant boot, enough said.

I would also like to make a small suggestion on the OPs point of mana split between players. My suggestion may involve too much coding, but here is what I think.

We should be allowed to pick up mana when we are full, but the extra mana should be given to all players' mana pools until they too are full, THEN go to the bank (evenly split obviously in both cases).

OR what should happen is that you cannot pick up extra mana if you are full and someone else is not full on mana. This would prevent things like not enough mana for upgrades, or hogging all the mana for yourself to build towers and what not, or taking all the dropped mana if you have a genie.

Maybe there is too much coding involved, but just soemthing I would like added o the OPs suggestion.
    Items that are deleted when starting a new wave are already transformed into mana, split between players and banked. You rarely see many items getting deleted during a wave unless its survival or monster fest. PC version could also handle a larger item cap, but your idea is good.

And having one toon collect mana directly to other's manapools would be a bad idea. It would make genies useless, trivialize certain maps and allow some exploits. Also, mana generated by a genie probably shouldn't be banked. It would make solo afk mana farming trivial, just like banking excess mana without having to collect it would.

Banking excess mana only when everyone in the game has full manapool - that sounds great!

0 Not allowed!
    just about any map with over 400 enemies in a wave, will see a lot of items disappearing. you wont notice it much since there is usually a lot going on on the map. but if you just, take the time to loot everything as it drop everywhere, youll make a huge lot more mana than if you let it sell it for you at the end of the round (no point in looting after the wave is over tho, you can then just let it sell whats left).

On the bonus map, not looting anything at hard solo, gives me about 500-600k mana from the auto sell. if i loot the stuff as it drop, i make between 1.4m and 2mil (made 2.3mil yesterday).

0 Not allowed!
    Agree, its totaly nuts doing halloween hard with 3 friends and having a LOAD of mana and items despawning due to item limits on the floor. All the items / mana that despawns should be automatically sold and split between all players.