Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: GameSpy Servers Have Shut Down

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    5 Not allowed!

GameSpy Servers Have Shut Down

Hello everyone,

We're getting news of this to you as it's developing.

I know some of you have been able to access DD online these past few days. We have just been notified that GamesSpy will shut down all their services for all games still using GameSpy.

We are looking into this right now. This will affect the PlayStation 3 version and the non-Steam PC version. This will not affect the Steam or XBLA versions of Dungeon Defenders.

Since we have just been notified, we wanted to let you all know immediately.

Here is the official word from them: http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/pricing/

We'll have more info as soon as possible.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, the PlayStation 3 and non-Steam PC versions of Dungeon Defenders will no longer have multiplayer as a result of GameSpy closing as of May 31, 2014. We are contacting Sony to make sure any information about the game clearly reflects this change. The rest of the versions will continue to operate as usual. For more information, please read this article from Game Informer.
    Last edited by iamisom; 04-04-2014 at 12:46 PM.

1 Not allowed!
    This makes me sad. Thank you Laura for the heads up
    PSN: RaNgErZ-BERT

FORUM RULES
    Report a player HERE

1 Not allowed!
    Well this isnt good for me but glad i got to say goodby to all my dd friends before it happen it was a blast wish it didnt have to end

sent from my evil hideout
    131 hrs non dlc and dlc 80 hrs =211 hrs played on this profile

0 Not allowed!
    So then we can game together till May 31st.... this really is The Last Stand. Thanks for the info. MUCH appreciated.

0 Not allowed!
    You haven't said so in this post so i am just asking because i am not sure will this be happening to the xbox 360 version as well or not? thanks

~Sheep

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by I 69d Sheep View Post
    You haven't said so in this post so i am just asking because i am not sure will this be happening to the xbox 360 version as well or not? thanks

~Sheep
    This should not affect the 360 version of the game.

6 Not allowed!
    Thank you for the post, Laura. I guess we all can't be naive and think that multiplayers will continue forever, it's just that this is the first game I truly have immersed myself in and have developed great camaraderie and friendships with people. To know the terminal date of the multiplayer is frustrating, but understand that it can't go on forever.

Thank you, Trendy, for creating a game this old man has come to love dearly. Thank you, Trendy forum staff/moderators, for providing a forum where I've watched a community grow and thrive during my time on Dungeon Defenders. Thank you, to all of the forum community, for putting up with my threads and posts.....especially the pc community for letting a ps3 player post his thoughts/opinions in the pc threads.
    PSN ID: PLAGUED_Savage

4 Not allowed!
    PLOT TWIST: None of you are getting my aaronax. Lol. Thanks for the good laughs and memories guys.
    RIP Grand Magus
    I won't forget you PS3!
    SID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/campering/

3 Not allowed!
    The news SUCKS!
    The delivery is as always professional and dignified
    Great Job Laura. You rock !
    Before he thinks I forgot about him so do you Josh LOL!

2 Not allowed!
    If any of you make it to the pc version look me up SID: X_ez_X there are a bunch of us and we will take care of you!