Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: Are Aquanos and Sky City worth buying? (Xbox)

0 Not allowed!

Are Aquanos and Sky City worth buying? (Xbox)

I couldn't find a conclusive answer, so I thought I'd ask here. I've read that they crash frequently, but they also give some of the best items and xp.

0 Not allowed!
    For console not really Aquanos does have some really good weapons but give you terrible exp... sky city is also a very laggy weapon and almost impossible to pass and gives out random items if u pass....... sky city is not worth it but Aquanos is worth it if all u care about us earning weapons and not experience
    Last edited by pintajr; 04-05-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    R.I.P DD PS3
    You will be missed
    90 Traps90 Dps
    90 Blockades90 Dps
    90 Auras90 Dps
    90 Towers80 Dps
    Psn: pinta-junior
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam id : pinta_junior

0 Not allowed!

Yes, get them

Quote Originally Posted by Genetycs View Post
    I couldn't find a conclusive answer, so I thought I'd ask here. I've read that they crash frequently, but they also give some of the best items and xp.
    If you already have Mistymire and Moraggo, you should pick up both Aquanos and Sky City. I don't believe the weapons are that great and the XP, as I recall, is broken on Aquanos so that it doesn't give as much as it probably should. However, they are two completely new maps and do offer some new things to see and do. In addition, it will allow you to finish the story and open the CD.

Mistymire and Moraggo are the two best of the bunch for the XP on MM and the Shai on Moraggo, but I don't mind Aquanos or Sky City. (Incidentally, the crashing you have heard about comes from Sky City. If you try it with 3+ people, it tends to lag noticeably from all of the stuff flying around on screen. If you keep it to 2 or just yourself, it doesn't have that issue and you can play it just fine). Sky City, based on the layout, should be really easy, but because of how enemies are dropped in, it is probably the most difficult of the of the 4 maps. Enjoy!

Peace.

0 Not allowed!
    Aquanos gives good weapons like the triton and the arronax. But like pinta and scorer said the exp is broken for aquanos. Sky city on the other hand you should only get if you want to beat the "impossible" Crystaline Deminsion and if you want boss rush. Sky city is where all the lag happens and can cause corrupt saves even, on top of that i know for a fact that SC DOESNT give weapons. Aquanos is worth it, SC not so much

I'm Proud to be a Brony
    Main PSN: Spyro_Dragon1209
    Second PSN: BronyLPer
    YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCULxHBCuS9WCMUEAqwwBU9A
    Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/bronylper/profile
    SID: www.steamcommunity.com/id/bronylper

Subscribe to me on YouTube or follow me on Twitch if you want to watch me play games in the future

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll buy the first three (Haven't bought any yet), and buy SC if I really get the itch for another map.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll buy the first three (Haven't bought any yet), and buy SC if I really get the itch for another map.
    If you get the crystal for all 4 maps you also unlock crystalline dimension
    PSN: styleemtk
    Playverse: styleemtk
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027466202/

0 Not allowed!
    If you want to complete the story you need to buy all the dlc. Also crystalline dimension is a mini nightmare mode.
    Xbox GT: xloveangel22x
    Steam ID: Batbob64

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by styleemtk View Post
    If you get the crystal for all 4 maps you also unlock crystalline dimension
    What's in the crystalline dimension? Is it anothet map, and does it lag as badly as Sky City is said to?

0 Not allowed!
    What's in the crystalline dimension? Is it anothet map, and does it lag as badly as Sky City is said to?
    Crystalline dimension is unlocked when u beat all 4 dlcs on the same difficulties. ... yet it is as laggy as sky city and have a great chance of freezing or lagging out if u get to the boss
    R.I.P DD PS3
    You will be missed
    90 Traps90 Dps
    90 Blockades90 Dps
    90 Auras90 Dps
    90 Towers80 Dps
    Psn: pinta-junior
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam id : pinta_junior

0 Not allowed!
    Aquanos is just plain fun and it's a slam-dunk. Probably my favorite map when it all comes right down to it, though I've always loved the Summit (as anyone who owns an Undertow and has ever looked at the "Forged By" can attest).

Sky City is more trouble than it's worth (it's very difficult and prone to freezing), but both Crystalline and Boss Rush are fun, so I would recommend getting both. Just do a backup before playing Sky City.

I don't play the game for reward items or xp. I play for fun. If your motivation is substantially different, you may want to take this advice with a grain of salt. I'm nevertheless glad I got them both.