Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I do not find this game too Casual Friendly

0 Not allowed!

I do not find this game too Casual Friendly

I find this game very hard to be great at. Now I've spent enough time to get good with my friends but now there is this huge gap in gear it seems like. Me and 2 other friends went through and beat the campaign on insane (woot) was awesome. The i started to read up on the game and what not and made a dps Squire dropped like 20mil mana in Decent (no where near epic) gear. And with that i can do around 40k dps normally and 100k with blood rage which i find good. But i cant even put a dent into UMF solo or even join one in progress cause i still got my stuff handed to me. Now i dont die because i actually have a high amount of res but my dps is sub par at best and it seems the only way to get better is to actually do UMF for its epic drops.... Seems counter productive.

Now i know i can buy good gear from shops etc... but that leads to my next point: Mana Now i play this game 2-4 hours a day normally and i cannot get a good amount of mana income no matter what i try. Ill join up survivals and get to wave 14+ and make few million mana but it takes an hour or more. I cant Solo anything because i built a dps squire not a tower squire or apprentice so i cant just farm by myself. Then you have to sink soooo much mana into your newly purchased gear.

I don't know what i can do to earn more mana and get better gear other than spending hours upon hours farming survivals and what not. If anyone has any ideas or tips etc.. lmk i love this game but think its gunna die fast for casuals like myself because of the gear gaps.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boscolover View Post
    Now i play this game 2-4 hours a day normally
    Is 2-4 hours a day considered 'casual' now? That's 1/4 to 1/2 of a full-time job, assuming you don't play on weekends.

I actually think this game is very casual-friendly. By the time I was ready for survival mode and mana farming, I had over 100 hours into the game. At 2 hours a day (10 hours a week), that's 10 weeks. 2.5 months. That's a long time for a casual to play a game.

0 Not allowed!
    Mate, before the hundreds of fanboys and lifeless people who sink their lives on their computers, Im going to give you one or two pieces of advice:

You would love DD vanilla, that was hell of fun. You didnt NEEDED uber gear fully upped to solo stuff, as long as you could think strategically. Doing insane was a challenge and fun. Earning mana was viable and at a steady pace, and getting good stuf was hardish - but it kept you playing because you wanted that better RNG loot.

Trendy has broken DD patch after patch after hotfix. On each of those they increased the time you need to spend farming to do good on harder challenges, which killed the replayability and made the game burn down, so you didnt actually had fun playing, but yo uhad to in order to achieve harder stuff.

I will not go any further in this, but basically DD is now full of mana dupers who will never get punished, and a few honest players who farm UMF to supply all the mana dupers. Its the main reason I have quit, I wont farm TWO BILLION mana when someone using CE fills it in 5 seconsd and will get with it unpunished, which is what happens. I have tried to report SEVERAL people who spent billions buying things from other players (when mana cap was 30m), and nothing happened, because Trendy said they were "core members of the community". Now there are people who spent hundreds of billions on a daily basis, and NOT EVEN ONE ever got punished.

And those hypocrites nowadays call themselves "hardcore" because they have uber fully ranked gear.

Tl;Dr: dont spend your precious time in this game. I only come to forums because Im bored at the office, honestly. I lost hope in DD. You will see this soon, if you keep playing honest.

0 Not allowed!
    I can ralate to what you are saying. I cant put in 25 waves of survival each day just to farm and gear up. my huntress does 80k+ dps and I have ocer 40+ damge reduce but I confess, everything was bought from people's store. It was the only way to at least stand a small chance in wave 20+ but I dont really feel any sort of accomplishment from bought gears.

Its like you need wave 25 gears to reach wave 25 and umf gear to farm umf... How does that work?
    I tried to progress myself to feel great but unfortunately it wont happen much with the gears you find on regular insane maps. just to be strong I had to be carried in random pubs pretending like I am killing stuff when im really not and stealing drops like a street rat cause I can never get that far by myself. So yeah I can relate

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisario View Post
    Mate, before the hundreds of fanboys and lifeless people who sink their lives on their computers, Im going to give you one or two pieces of advice:

You would love DD vanilla, that was hell of fun. You didnt NEEDED uber gear fully upped to solo stuff, as long as you could think strategically. Doing insane was a challenge and fun. Earning mana was viable and at a steady pace, and getting good stuf was hardish - but it kept you playing because you wanted that better RNG loot.

Trendy has broken DD patch after patch after hotfix. On each of those they increased the time you need to spend farming to do good on harder challenges, which killed the replayability and made the game burn down, so you didnt actually had fun playing, but yo uhad to in order to achieve harder stuff.

I will not go any further in this, but basically DD is now full of mana dupers who will never get punished, and a few honest players who farm UMF to supply all the mana dupers. Its the main reason I have quit, I wont farm TWO BILLION mana when someone using CE fills it in 5 seconsd and will get with it unpunished, which is what happens. I have tried to report SEVERAL people who spent billions buying things from other players (when mana cap was 30m), and nothing happened, because Trendy said they were "core members of the community". Now there are people who spent hundreds of billions on a daily basis, and NOT EVEN ONE ever got punished.

And those hypocrites nowadays call themselves "hardcore" because they have uber fully ranked gear.

Tl;Dr: dont spend your precious time in this game. I only come to forums because Im bored at the office, honestly. I lost hope in DD. You will see this soon, if you keep playing honest.
    I agree that vanilla was much more fair and balanced because they didn't screw up with so many patches that certain gear and items are just unbalanced and unfair.

I wish all of the new content was added back to vanilla, like all the extra's without tons of patch changes....so they wouldn't need to create a "nightmare" mode to compensate for the accidental over powered and over nerfed items and so on so on.

0 Not allowed!
    vanilla was fun. indeed it was more about strategy than farming uber gear and dpsing everything down or just using traps and auras. the game went from being a tower defense to a third person action game. higher reward for more time spent playing imo is bs. thats ok though. ill just keep working and making money then go fishing everyday on my boat. my fishing rod is my weapon of choice and ill toss out my towers to hopefully snag some monsters.

0 Not allowed!
    Alright so I keep seeing how people like vanilla DD better than current. Let me tell you it is not balanced.

Anything under Insane is a breeze while Insane is a bit of a challenge. The only viable builds are all Squire focused and a bit of Monk thrown in for Insane.

Hell you can solo everything up until Hall of Court on Insane with a pure Squire tower setup.
    Unless you really enjoy tower spec Squires...

Huntress tower builds work great if you can get ~200 in tower health. Casual players will get 100-140 on average from what I've seen.

You can't even use pure Apprentice builds. Sure they towers do enough damage but they don't attack fast enough. A Squire/Apprentice mix works but not nearly well as a pure Squire build.

The Monk auras are great but they need constant attention. They just drain way to quick from what I've seen.

As for making mana; the elemental exploit can get you a profit of 5-7M mana on a single weapon at best, but normally 1-3M is what you'll make. Pure level grinding for mana you can get about 300-400 thousand on Glitterhelm Hard or a bit less on Rampart Hard.

The 15M mana cap is really annoying but I agree, without exploits, vanilla has a decently slow but enjoyable mana earnings.

Just my thoughts on that.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisario View Post

This is exactly how myself and the 5 friends of mine that play this game feel, as much as i like this game we are going to go play tor for awile, at least its content gets beta tested.

0 Not allowed!
    The only thing that requires you to have awesome gear is UMF insane. Unless you bought the DLC and have Nightmare mode. Even if you did, it is supossed to be the hardest difficulty in the game, so yeah, it's not intended for "casual" players. I don't know why people expect to solo the hardest difficulty in the game with crappy gear or poor stats. If you find any difficulty too hard, play an easier one.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrartea View Post
    The only thing that requires you to have awesome gear is UMF insane. Unless you bought the DLC and have Nightmare mode. Even if you did, it is supossed to be the hardest difficulty in the game, so yeah, it's not intended for "casual" players. I don't know why people expect to solo the hardest difficulty in the game with crappy gear or poor stats. If you find any difficulty too hard, play an easier one.
    So because id ont want to give a ton of time to this game on a daily basis i only get to play 2/3 the game?