Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: DPSing in tower build

0 Not allowed!

DPSing in tower build

Hello,
    Usually I switch to my hunter for dps, but I've been thinking about playing in combat phase with my Apprentice for the 30% dmg boost to towers. I read somewhere that it's doable with good dps weapon with high ^. My question is: while upgrading armor pieces is it worth to sacrifice some tower stats and upgrade resistance instead? or just go full tower stats and sit behind towers with app guardian, while doing some range dps and killing spiders nearby?
    I'm playing in NM, usually hc.

Thanks in advance.

0 Not allowed!
    You will need the resistances. If you do not have them, expect every spider to make you cry and not to stop moving or you die. Even then you will still die a few times.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    Hello,
    Usually I switch to my hunter for dps, but I've been thinking about playing in combat phase with my Apprentice for the 30% dmg boost to towers. I read somewhere that it's doable with good dps weapon with high ^. My question is: while upgrading armor pieces is it worth to sacrifice some tower stats and upgrade resistance instead? or just go full tower stats and sit behind towers with app guardian, while doing some range dps and killing spiders nearby?
    I'm playing in NM, usually hc.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm doing the same, my mage have a decent weapon and high res armor Actually, I'm selling a 128/127 upgraded weapon, do you need it?

0 Not allowed!
    i wonder that myself but i guess due to the low hp on app i will die mostly by one hit even with full resistance in (advanced) nm?

0 Not allowed!
    I frequently do this on NM HC levels, including Mistymire. I use a 133^ staff, and upgraded the resistances on my armour as much as I could. I then dumped all the rest of the points into tower stats (the majority of my armour is hovering around the 90^+ area) except for when the resistances lit up every 10th level, in which case I put the points into generic resist.

The loss of some (around 90 in total) tower stats in favour of resistances is more than offset by the 33% damage increase to your towers for having your builder active.

0 Not allowed!
    My tower adept does around ~1.1M dps (insane... much less in NM) with pretty decent resist (90's insane, mid 60's NM) with only a 148 up staff so this is feasible (one shot most spiders.) I plan to improve her as I get more gear... especially the HP portion. You still have to avoid getting hit since adept has low HP... but she's fast! Spiders have a harder time hitting you if you're jumping around unpredictably. For survival, I would definitely switch to a hero with more HP and resistance in later waves but for most campaigns, it should suffice.

0 Not allowed!
    Just started playing a week ago, love the game. Just curious, in NM, do you guys max elemental resistances as well as generic? Atm I have 70 in generic which gets me by spiders and elves. I can avoid Ogre balls and Kobolds fairly easily though (as an adept).

0 Not allowed!
    You can't currently max all resists in NM legitimately to my knowledge, but if you plan on going hybrid then you do need to upgrade them. Generic is most important so focus on getting that up.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DayOldHate View Post
    Just started playing a week ago, love the game. Just curious, in NM, do you guys max elemental resistances as well as generic? Atm I have 70 in generic which gets me by spiders and elves. I can avoid Ogre balls and Kobolds fairly easily though (as an adept).
    The goal if you had 200^ armor should be
    45% physical on each piece. 38 or so Fire each piece and 32 poision electric on each piece.
    Keep in mind those are includeing the set bounes.
    Your total in nightmare will end up like 90% physical, 76% fire, 64% ele, 64% poision
    Also note if you are using 100^ armor your physical and fire will end lower as you won't have enough ^ to get there.