Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: Weapon not dealing normal damage as it should, only dealing elemental

0 Not allowed!

Weapon not dealing normal damage as it should, only dealing elemental

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is supposed to happen or not. I have a gun that does x base damage, and y additional fire damage. To me that means it should be doing x+y for normal mobs, and still x if the mob is immune to y. However, when fighting a mob immune to y, it is doing no damage. Is that normal? I was under the impression it should still be doing base damage.

Here are some screenshots to show what I mean.

Shot 1: I'm assuming that first ranged damage type should be normal, with an add. 67 fire damage.
    http://imgur.com/jW8mP

However, as you can see below, all damage is being recorded as fire. Is this normal?
    http://imgur.com/iDPxN

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed that too. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but I would lean toward "not intentional." I did notice it was apparently introduced in the last patch, and since I'm not seeing anything in the patch notes, it may simply be a bug.

0 Not allowed!
    Some ranged weapons have elemental damage for their base damage. I had one gun that did fire for base damage and lightning for elemental. I think it was actually the same type of gun (the dragon head looking thing), though I also found a grenade launcher thing that seemed to be doing fire as primary as well...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1028 View Post
    Some ranged weapons have elemental damage for their base damage. I had one gun that did fire for base damage and lightning for elemental. I think it was actually the same type of gun (the dragon head looking thing), though I also found a grenade launcher thing that seemed to be doing fire as primary as well...
    This. That weapon you've shown is the "dragon head looking thing" he was talking about and basically shoots the same projectile as the fireball tower. This is also the case for some pets that do elemental as their main damage.

0 Not allowed!
    Here's another instance of this. The first image shows that the weapon should do base damage and poison, but for some reason electric damage is showing up. I'm assuming that the weapon is supposed to have electric damage as its base damage.
    http://imgur.com/GFc8r
    http://imgur.com/PkaKy

If these weapons are supposed to have base damage that is elemental, then the devs really need to communicate that more effectively. Where would I call this to their attention?

0 Not allowed!
    That's intended. The dragon cannons have always dealt fire damage instead of generic damage, VanWolfstein does lightning instead of generic, I believe phoenix blasters do fire instead of generic, etc.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceron View Post
    That's intended. The dragon cannons have always dealt fire damage instead of generic damage, VanWolfstein does lightning instead of generic, I believe phoenix blasters do fire instead of generic, etc.
    Well I would say they need to communicate that better then. Possibly change the default base damage icon for those to an elemental icon, telling players that the base damage is in fact elemental.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVoila View Post
    Well I would say they need to communicate that better then. Possibly change the default base damage icon for those to an elemental icon, telling players that the base damage is in fact elemental.
    The thing is though, Those weapons do elemental damage based off the normal icon. If they icon was changed to the Fire elemental graphic the Piercing shot for example will no longer scale off that attack value.

0 Not allowed!
    The reason they DON'T use the 'elemental' damage as thier base damage is the same reason that element pets don't: So that damage and the stats related still scale properly.

For future reference though, Flamethrowers, Grenade Launchers, Dragon Guns, Van Wolfenstien, Plasmabows, and Pheonix Guns all have a base elemental affinity, which is boosted by the hero stat.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratuitous Lurking View Post
    The reason they DON'T use the 'elemental' damage as thier base damage is the same reason that element pets don't: So that damage and the stats related still scale properly.

For future reference though, Flamethrowers, Grenade Launchers, Dragon Guns, Van Wolfenstien, Plasmabows, and Pheonix Guns all have a base elemental affinity, which is boosted by the hero stat.
    I would like to add the new morrago "dune bug" launcher to this list.^