Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Turtle Stance (in Amazon costume) reducing DPS by about 10-15%?

0 Not allowed!
    turtle stance increases attack speed but reduces damage, to a much lesser extent than whirlwind stance, silly i know, but it normally didnt change the dps.
    maybe they mucked one of the parts up, like you dont get the attack speed on the amazonian one.

inb4 someone says "no your thinking of whirlwind", turtle actually changes attack speed and damage without effecting dps NORMALLY.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nsih197 View Post
    turtle stance increases attack speed but reduces damage, to a much lesser extent than whirlwind stance, silly i know, but it normally didnt change the dps.
    maybe they mucked one of the parts up, like you dont get the attack speed on the amazonian one.

inb4 someone says "no your thinking of whirlwind", turtle actually changes attack speed and damage without effecting dps NORMALLY.
    Sorry mate but i got no idea what the hell are you talking about.

As far as tooltip (and wiki data) go, Turtle Stance slows down your Movement speed and Jump height - it is NOT supposed to affect Attack damage or Attack speed or DPS in any way.

Regardless if you are right or not - TE devs need to either fix the Stance or fix it's Tooltip, since right now it is completely and utterly misleading and incorrect.

0 Not allowed!
    Bump for devs.

0 Not allowed!
    I would also like to see a dev response to this. It seems like something that should be addressed at the very least, and fixing it should be simple as well.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd just like to add, the Barb was like this when he was released. Turtle Stance has always lowered DPS. It makes sense that you'd have lower DPS, but it should be on the tooltip.

0 Not allowed!
    As many people here said - please either fix the tooltip, or fix the Turtle stance itself.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdanov89 View Post
    Sorry mate but i got no idea what the hell are you talking about.

As far as tooltip (and wiki data) go, Turtle Stance slows down your Movement speed and Jump height - it is NOT supposed to affect Attack damage or Attack speed or DPS in any way.

Regardless if you are right or not - TE devs need to either fix the Stance or fix it's Tooltip, since right now it is completely and utterly misleading and incorrect.
    a quick test at a dummy would tell you your damage is lowered, yet your dps stays the ~same. therefore must increase attack speed to compensate, i agree it really shouldn't do that because it doesnt say anything about it.

0 Not allowed!
    I tested out my level 72 Barbarian with and without Turtle Stance on a dummy to check the DPS. I held the Left Mouse Button to rapidly attack with my most powerful weapon atm for this DPS comparison.

Without Turtle Stance:
    -6.044 damage per hit. 140 fire damage per hit.
    -24.736 DPS
    With Turtle Stance:
    -5.494 damage per hit. 127 fire damage per hit.
    -22.484 DPS

That's a loss of 2.252 DPS while I am in the Turtle Stance.
    The tooltip doesn't mention that your DPS would be reduced in some way, be it attack speed or attack damage. The tooltip currently only mentions:
    "Increases your resistance, but reduces your movement speed and jump height."

So, as said before, either fix the tooltip or fix the Turtle Stance.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nsih197 View Post
    a quick test at a dummy would tell you your damage is lowered, yet your dps stays the ~same. therefore must increase attack speed to compensate, i agree it really shouldn't do that because it doesnt say anything about it.
    I wrote before, very clearly, that our DPS does NOT stay the same!
    It is reduced by about 15% in Turtle Stance - that is far beyond staying "the ~same".
    I got no idea what tests did you perform, but everyone else in this thread obviously sees that Turtle Stance does reduce our DPS by about 15% (which is not ~same).

TE should really take a few sec to post an answer here...

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    0 Not allowed!
    The DPS reduction is an intentional decision.