Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tower gets weaker after character change

0 Not allowed!

Tower gets weaker after character change

Everytime I change my character, the tower is using the stats from the character I have at this moment, instead of the one I build it with. Is this meant to be or is this just a plain bug?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Everytime I change my character, the tower is using the stats from the character I have at this moment, instead of the one I build it with. Is this meant to be or is this just a plain bug?
    Normal. Towers lose 30% power when their builder is not the active character.

0 Not allowed!
    If you are not playing as the tower builder than your towers will have a 30% reduction on damage.

0 Not allowed!
    Okay. Thanks for the quick answers! =)

Still think its kinda unnecessary to debuff them. Any reason WHY this happened?

0 Not allowed!
    It's always been this way. It's so you have to make an active decision whether you want to play with strong towers, or a DPS char. And it's to lightly encourage people not to solo, as well, I imagine.

0 Not allowed!
    Because otherwise you could set tower, traps all with full strength, switch on a dps hero and you have the combat bonus of 3 heroes at the same time. Makes it too easy

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zingfharn View Post
    It's always been this way. It's so you have to make an active decision whether you want to play with strong towers, or a DPS char. And it's to lightly encourage people not to solo, as well, I imagine.
    This is not true, It was added at some point, cant remember when though. It's not a 30% debuff, it's the other way around. You get a 30% bonus added when you play with your build because he contributes less to overall DPS.

0 Not allowed!
    It's not actually a debuff. Being on the active builder gives you a buff. It used to be that there was no buff and all people would do is build towers on another character and then switch to huntress. So all you saw in games was Squire or App towers (depending on the patch) and 4 huntress' and if you weren't a huntress you would get kicked from the game. This buff made it viable for people to stay on the character that built the towers.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Detpurroc View Post
    This is not true, It was added at some point, cant remember when though. It's not a 30% debuff, it's the other way around. You get a 30% bonus added when you play with your build because he contributes less to overall DPS.
    It was added within the first month of release, so to most players that werent there from the beginning, it's always been there.

0 Not allowed!
    Basically there was a sect of people who were complainingg that you could swap out characters during build phase. They wanted that option removed completely because the old way to play was build what you need then switch to DPS character. TE decided to give insentive to keep your builder out, and thus the 30% buff was born. It happened (if I remember correctly) the same time that they made upgrading towers worthwhile (You used to get like 10 DPS from base to 3 star)

I wanna say it was around Dec the change was made, something like that.