Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: Inferno Traps + monk aura

0 Not allowed!

Inferno Traps + monk aura

I am sure it might be working the way its intended, however I think that when the monk tower aura is toggled on it should increase its damage instead of when it triggers with the monk aura on. Meaning, when it has already triggers the aura will grants X% of damage when in range.

0 Not allowed!
    you mean monk tower boost... not monk aura. Hmm, I thought it was odd that my monk tower boost ability was not buffing inferno trap damage, didn't realize it was set to work when the trap was triggered.

0 Not allowed!
    What do you think the monk tower boost is? Its an aura around the monk.

0 Not allowed!
    @sasimi: when you said aura it sounded like you meant the monk's defences. You should have said boost.

Agreed that its a weird interaction (you would think it would work the same as elec aura), but it does have its uses. If you know the timing on your traps, you can run arround to all of them just as they're triggering and get the buffed damage even when you aren't there.

0 Not allowed!
    Inferno trap has worked this way for as long as I remember. If you boost its damage before it triggers, it maintains that boost until it resets.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrahl View Post
    Inferno trap has worked this way for as long as I remember. If you boost its damage before it triggers, it maintains that boost until it resets.
    That is what I basically said in the Original Post. But with the changes to the boost, you really miss out on a lot of dps if you cant boost at the right time

0 Not allowed!
    Yep. That's why I stopped using Inferno Traps entirely. It's too embarrassing to use Inferno Traps when my other towers are doing so much better AND are easily boosted at an instant's notice.

0 Not allowed!
    On a related subject, I was wondering about interaction between huntress guardian/apprentice guardian and the trap.
    I suppose apprentice takes effect exactly like the monk boost, meaning when the trap triggers, but what about huntress one? Does it have any effect on how fast the trap will reset or interval between 2 hits ? When should the trap be boosted? When it triggers, as the countdown to the next uptime starts then?