Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So about those summoner pets.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by supernovae View Post
    I think they're gonna be crap.

No weapon? ok, so you either need to find a 100% safe spot so DEWs dont kill you, or you need to park one pet on you to guard you.

ANd DU's are tight as they are on most maps, in order to use pets we're gonna have to get rid of some critical towers/walls/auras/whatever, just for 1-2 pets that can only hit one target at a time.....
    If you had read the digest fully you would see this: "In addition to commanding his units on the field, the Summoner can leave the field of battle entirely to enter a full-on RTS mode where he is able to drag-select units and issue them a variety of commands"

so the summoner wouldn't need a safe place or a pet for protection

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMustachio View Post
    If you had read the digest fully you would see this: "In addition to commanding his units on the field, the Summoner can leave the field of battle entirely to enter a full-on RTS mode where he is able to drag-select units and issue them a variety of commands"

so the summoner wouldn't need a safe place or a pet for protection
    I did read the digest, i missed the part about them leaving the battle entirely though. So yah i was wrong there.

I still think IMO the pets are gonna be nothing more than a gimmick though, if the pets act like their current monsters in-game.
    Why would i want to spend DU on a spider that can snare one target, when i can make an ensnare aura or gas trap and do the same thing? Unless the spider cost's one DU....

This is just my opinion though, guess we'll see later this month!

0 Not allowed!
    I think that this pretty much says enough about that they won't act as regular mobs...

"uber-powered Crystalline variants" & "These pets can be upgraded and buffed as with any Defense."

And then there's the hero abilities, what would they be? They're described as "two innovative Hero abilities", so can we assume that it's nothing like the standard temporary stat boost stuff?

Imagine having the ability to make your pet split into two or something temporarily. Have an ogre sitting somewhere to defend against incoming attacks, and then you notice that the lane is getting clogged up further ahead. Clone it and have the temporary one do a rush attack on the mess of monsters up ahead, while you have time to "repair" the defending one or something.

No idea how everything's going to be, but my expectations are pretty high, hahaha.

0 Not allowed!
    People are misunderstanding Pets. He carries two familiars in addition to his summons.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroram View Post
    We know absolutely nothing about the abilities of each pet and their damage / abilities, and you already declare them crappy? I'd say your post is crap, sir.
    Given that they are copies of current mobs, I'd think its pretty safe to assume they have the same kind of abilities that they have. What he said still stands though, more classes that need DU to do stuff and the same DU amount that was balanced for four classes isn't good.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuda View Post
    People are misunderstanding Pets. He carries two familiars in addition to his summons.
    Thanks for clarifying... that is what i thought but I wasn't sure .... can't wait for this to come out and see how it goes with having two pets ... maybe do hybrid... one a builder pet and one a DPSer pet :P

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuda View Post
    So the hero specials don't do anything for the summons?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toprem View Post
    Given that they are copies of current mobs, I'd think its pretty safe to assume they have the same kind of abilities that they have. What he said still stands though, more classes that need DU to do stuff and the same DU amount that was balanced for four classes isn't good.
    That's just fine to be honest. It means more room to optimize. You don't HAVE to use everything in every build.

I guess one of his abilities is to go outside of his body into general mode, I'm really curious what the other would be.

0 Not allowed!
    I would just like to say that calling them pets is missleading. I know the digest says they can summon 2 pets but that is obviously refering to the actual pets. To assume the summoned creatures are the pets makes little sense in the context of the post.

I see Tsuda beat me to it.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkman_0 View Post
    That's just fine to be honest. It means more room to optimize. You don't HAVE to use everything in every build.

I guess one of his abilities is to go outside of his body into general mode, I'm really curious what the other would be.
    That doesn't have to be an ability, remember he has no weapon so it could be an a standard attack.