Close
Login to Your Account
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sharks suck

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Of course. You can't expect to do Wave 20+ NM Misty with Wave 10 unupgraded NM Misty gear. You'll have a bad time. A proper build trumps them. Until, of course, your stats won't let you progress. You could, of course, start with your low end gear, upgrade it, and make progress on the proper maps for your stats in search for gear.

I was a mid geared player when Sharken were introduced, but I never had a problem with them at all. I just quickly figured out how to counter them is all.

It's a Stats influenced Hack n' Slash tower defense game. You're pointing out the obvious.

I will say that Negative generic resists have to go. Desperately. Possibly Sharks having absolute tower priority, instead of just increased. I've had Towers attacking an Ogre while a sharken was charging a few feet behind it.
    But the point is that progressing for lower end ppl has become very very slow or to a halt.
    I only solo so now the sharks have put be back so far compared to what i could do,is a damn joke.

Also it states single-player as well yet soloing has become stupid now because of them sharks and the odd bosses.
    also the time limit is too low to change chars every 5 mins for the first few waves on many maps.
    the point is the sharks have ruined this game imo.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by T@F View Post
    But the point is that progressing for lower end ppl has become very very slow or to a halt.
    I only solo so now the sharks have put be back so far compared to what i could do,is a damn joke.

Also it states single-player as well yet soloing has become stupid now because of them sharks and the odd bosses.
    also the time limit is too low to change chars every 5 mins for the first few waves on many maps.
    the point is the sharks have ruined this game imo.
    The first 2 waves of any map should only need bare bones stuff. Usually you can get 2 characters worth of stuff out in the time limit. Usually I get out 1 or 2 harpoons per lane and then swap over to my EV and get the buff beams, walls, reflectors out. I usually run genie on my EV and stay on her during the save maxxing out my mana during the first wave. After that wave, I can throw up the auras and traps during the next build phase (I don't bother with the chests this wave as I'm already mana maxed). Then swap back to my squire and push the finishing touches and upgrade. The timer is RARELY an issue.

And you don't need 2k+ stats to handle sharken. My stats for most of my characters are at 1200 damage at best (most stats under 1k). My wall builder has 1900 (everything in tower hp), and my squire has 1800 damage now (though I've been upgrading and handling sharken with 1500). Those stats are easily obtainable from doing Mosterfests and upgrading gear to level 40-50. I RARELY have an issue with sharken using Auras/traps outside my walls. Again stop relying on the Almightly Harpoon, its not the end all be all tower anymore.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylesta View Post
    This is totally incorrect. The campaigne can be muscled thru like it was on normal. Without much thought. Infact i actually did it last week to get my friend his hc mythical achieve for the costume he wanted. I just threw harps down anywhere i wanted and had no problems. What did that teach me? absolute nothing about sharkmen and that the campaign is still a joke.
    This is totally incorrect. With the sort of gear that I (or you) have now it can be muscled through like it was on normal. But it seems like you've been it that position too long to remember progression through it (either that, or you got boosted or bought gear from shops). When I first played through nightmare campaign it was co-op with a friend, we had slightly above entry-level mythic and every map was a challenge. This was pre-sharken so I assume there are a few more tactics that now need to be learned for people with THE APPROPRIATE LEVEL GEAR FOR THE CONTENT.

0 Not allowed!
    I hadn't been really trying to break into nightmare until recently. After the Sharken were put in. They had gotten the nerf and I wanted to try nightmare. I started on deeper well and payed attention to where things were. I had a couple harpoons in, I had ensnare auras from my monk who is my weakest character.

I was careful to not put a wall on any straight path where a sharken would see it from far away. Only just after turns. It was mostly just an additional slow down and sharken bait.

With a few proton beams for the damage, I went at it. No sharken attacks bothered me. What actually ended up killing me were the damned spiders actually. I thought I had successfully double covered my harpoons so that spiders would get shot, but it didn't seem to matter. On several waves, the spiders start coming down and the harpoons were instantly webbed before any harpoons even had a chance to fire at them.

The kicker was seeing what looked like a spider web while it leaped at me. Maybe there were other things going on, but it was a real pain to deal with the spiders. Not the djinn or the sharken. Hopefully it's just a matter of shifting a few towers around to better target the spiders.

I haven't hit other maps yet, I want to do them in order, but I am betting, except for a few, the Sharken won't get a good chance to charge because there are corners on every map.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis_woodg View Post
    This is totally incorrect. With the sort of gear that I (or you) have now it can be muscled through like it was on normal. But it seems like you've been it that position too long to remember progression through it (either that, or you got boosted or bought gear from shops). When I first played through nightmare campaign it was co-op with a friend, we had slightly above entry-level mythic and every map was a challenge. This was pre-sharken so I assume there are a few more tactics that now need to be learned for people with THE APPROPRIATE LEVEL GEAR FOR THE CONTENT.
    I didnt get boosted or buy gear from other shops and the only stat on my tower builder above 1k is damage and i had solo'd every campaign map. I aslo strated doing nm es to get mythics to get gear doin the first 2 waves cause my builders gear wasnt great and dps was a better option. I layed down a few traps for the mobs to run thru and dps'd everything. I think i know more about progression in this game then you maybe believe.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmaster0283 View Post
    Almightly Harpoon, its not the end all be all tower anymore.
    Again you assumed i'm using harpoons all the time.
    Just shows how wrong you are.
    I like to use the app more often.
    But still it's a game of skittles with the sharks using the app.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikodareus View Post
    That's just the thing. The gear isn't the issue. It's the tactics. Sharken don't require any particularly epic gear if you are fighting them right.
    well you proved you don't play nm survival at all

0 Not allowed!
    Nightmare is in, guess what, BETA, stop whining.

And before you start saying I have good gear, no I don't.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    well you proved you don't play nm survival at all
    If your traps and auras are in the right place, then sharken aren't any bother. Careful placement makes them irrelevant. Late stage survival will always be about ogres and ninjas (and fish wyverns).

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chpoit View Post
    Nightmare is in, guess what, BETA, stop whining.

And before you start saying I have good gear, no I don't.
    yes its a beta and that why it needs change if they care about getting any new players when nm is released for people who dont have the shard dlcs