Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Toggle to have accessories hidden

0 Not allowed!
    We can't ignore the opinion. It's true that a few people want the mini stat items without the appearance. As well as there are occasionally very good quality versions of them with a big number of upgrades. Supposedly allowing one stat to get up to 80. It's only one stat up at 80 though, with others probably all under 20.

A nice boost, but still, not exactly something that would ever allow someone to catch up to a class that can use two weapons. A class that can also use the same accessories.

The stats are low. The upgrades are often low. The cost to upgrade goes up extremely fast. The appearance is very detailed. They were meant for minor appearance variations. Hiding them just seems like you are dismissing their purpose.

It really is just a choice. If you want to add that look to your character, then you take the stats with it. If you don't want the look, then you can't get the stats. Appearance focus, not stat focus.

0 Not allowed!
    In my opinion this wouldn't even be a problem if most of the masks didn't look terrible, again in my opinion.

A mask that looks horrible (most of them to me) might look great to somebody else.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrin View Post
    In my opinion this wouldn't even be a problem if most of the masks didn't look terrible, again in my opinion.

A mask that looks horrible (most of them to me) might look great to somebody else.
    Then don't equip a horrible looking one, find one that you like

It's like weapons. You wouldn't equip one that you don't like.
    [36] classic
    PSN | classic22us
    Steam | classic22

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by classic22 View Post

Shh.... Next they'll want to be able to hide their weapons!

0 Not allowed!
    accessories are meant to CHANGE your appearance.. the stats are worthless....
    the ONLY time those 20 points are going to be of help is when you level 10. and those kinds of acessories dont drop then.

no they drop on elite runs.. requiring 2000+ stats... which at that point.. even a 100 extra points dont make a difference.
    so stop whining that you cant turn off the looks of the accessories as thats EXACTLY what they are meant for.. changing your characters appearance.. making then unique.. and stand out from other characters.

the stats are just MINOR bonuses.. and often.. minuses... that are so negligable that they shoudent be considered as a factor.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Begley View Post
    accessories are meant to CHANGE your appearance.. the stats are worthless....
    the ONLY time those 20 points are going to be of help is when you level 10. and those kinds of acessories dont drop then.

no they drop on elite runs.. requiring 2000+ stats... which at that point.. even a 100 extra points dont make a difference.
    so stop whining that you cant turn off the looks of the accessories as thats EXACTLY what they are meant for.. changing your characters appearance.. making then unique.. and stand out from other characters.

the stats are just MINOR bonuses.. and often.. minuses... that are so negligable that they shoudent be considered as a factor.
    When you're at 2-3000 stats, small increases of 20-100 stats are all you get. You don't find new gear replacements that double your previous one because your previous one was already almost as good as it gets. If accessories can go up to a total of 80 in one stat and you can wear 4 of them, that's an extra 360 to one stat. That's an extra stat capped Mythical weapon. Don't even try to tell me that's insignificant because even with 3600 in a stat that's a 10% increase.

Also, it would really help if they didn't all look stupid. I still haven't seen a cool mask that I'd want to wear. What would help even more though would be the ability to hide them.

Quote Originally Posted by classic22 View Post

See, the difference is that most weapons actually look cool, especially good ones - most masks look like somebody took a crap on your face. Also, everyone uses the best weapon they get, not the best looking one - Give the choice between an ugly looking weapon with 400 stats and a cool looking weapon with 200 stats and 99% of players would pick the ugly one.

0 Not allowed!
    Almost makes me think they should've omitted stats entirely on accessories.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by senz54 View Post
    When you're at 2-3000 stats, small increases of 20-100 stats are all you get. You don't find new gear replacements that double your previous one because your previous one was already almost as good as it gets. If accessories can go up to a total of 80 in one stat and you can wear 4 of them, that's an extra 360 to one stat. That's an extra stat capped Mythical weapon. Don't even try to tell me that's insignificant because even with 3600 in a stat that's a 10% increase.

Also, it would really help if they didn't all look stupid. I still haven't seen a cool mask that I'd want to wear. What would help even more though would be the ability to hide them.

See, the difference is that most weapons actually look cool, especially good ones - most masks look like somebody took a crap on your face. Also, everyone uses the best weapon they get, not the best looking one - Give the choice between an ugly looking weapon with 400 stats and a cool looking weapon with 200 stats and 99% of players would pick the ugly one.
    Let's keep it civil, however I must be in the 1%.

If a weapon looks cooler than others, but has lower stats, I'm cool with that.

As said, no one is forcing you to wear them. Toggling their appearance will just void their existence, and mean they shouldn't have added them in the first place. I have accessories equipped that have more negatives than positives, but I accept that.
    [36] classic
    PSN | classic22us
    Steam | classic22