Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: Nightmare help

0 Not allowed!

Nightmare help

I recently picked up the dlc and unlocked nightmare. I have a full myth set which that is pretty weak. My tower stats are 380/630/328/264 on my squire. He is level 77 and I have a series EV that is 74 with tower stats around 3xx/3xx/3xx/3xx. It feels like I have hit a wall trying to solo in nightmare because I don't have any dps heros. Does anyone have any suggestions for a dps hero? Weapons? etc..

0 Not allowed!
    i can only tell you what other peaple told me
    do endless spirals untill u can find even better gear
    or, the easiest way, just buy the items

0 Not allowed!
    Also, your squire should be able to handle Raining Goblins on Nighmare. Do this to farm some Goblin staves for your EV which should up her stats a bit.

0 Not allowed!
    Monk for sure.

Tower boost is the best.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by levo View Post
    because I don't have any dps heros.
    I'm going to be bold, and combine two common topics from the forum into one thread. Here's why. You're a rare breed. You want to build. And with stats like that, you don't want a DPS hero. You want a builder active for the 30% damage boost.

Here's the solution: Host the game in open. Build it. Put "need dps" in the room title. Open the game. Wait until someone joins who is a good complement for you joins. Close the game. Explain your rules. If he fails to respond or seems incompetent ,kick, and repeat.
    Play. If s/he can handle glitter and seems likeable, suggest doing a nightmare run.
    You have now made a new friend, who can help you in the future.

Secondary solution: insane survival for mo' betta gear.

0 Not allowed!
    I'll try to drop in with some help. This is coming from a guy with a dps monk, squire, ranger, EV (bounty hunter skin) and barbarian.

Big fan of monk right now. Tower buff means he has the best synergy with tower builds, hero buff + his general damage scaling makes him amazing with pets. However, he's sort of a late game dps hero. You need a certain level of hp and resistances to get him to that point where he can shine. Would not recommend him right now. This goes for a melee monk. I don't play a ranged dps monk. Ranged dps monks are not cool enough.

Squire is pretty great. Has amazing survivability with block and his hp. Good cleave, and his circular slice is nice bonus dps. Blood rage is quite good with pets, on top of being an extra speed/dps/resistance buff. Take him if you don't mind his low speed or the quickly ramping cost of blood rage.

Ranger is pretty amazing for the early game. I still use him with my genie to get my builds leveled up quickly. He's actually quite versatile as well, considering you can swap guns for different purposes. Mostly a lane clearing/djinn cancelling hero. Doesn't really do too well with actually taking down beafier targets like ogres. He's also got a slight issue with spiders, and a slightly larger one with dark elves. That's to be expected for a ranged character though. That said, I know I'm biased towards melee heroes, so I'd suggest you keep your personal preference in mind.

Series EV has some pretty good hp, and more versatility. Especially since it can use apprentice weapons. He gets a dps nerf of 10% compared to both apprentice and huntress, but in turn it allows you to get a dps hero with an apprentice weapon. If you can find a good oculus of the genie king (reward for moraggo), he turns into quite a good ranged dps hero, able to take down those big mean ogres. While he doesn't have a piercing shot, he can use the huntress weapons, which still have pierce of their own. Not as good as a lane cleared, but not horrible. Bounty hunter is quite slow still. His decoy is amazing if used well (and often). I haven't gotten around to using the proton beam ability too much yet. I think it's pretty situational, or you need to use it wiselier than I have so far

Barbarian is pretty amazing. Tornado stance gets him anywhere. Battle leap is great fun, siphon and turtle stance are very good utility spells (not being webbed while in turtle stance is mostly "his" thing) and hawk stance makes for some pretty sweet burst, especially when using the slower weapons. Big thing with him is managing your mana, there's a point where turtle stance starts to gulp it up, and you need to be out of the heat of battle when that happens. He also can't do any emergency repairs if you lose anyting, that's a pretty big drawback. Other than that, he's got a pretty neat dps package.

Hope that helps

Edit:
    I'm going to be bold, and combine two common topics from the forum into one thread. Here's why. You're a rare breed. You want to build. And with stats like that, you don't want a DPS hero. You want a builder active for the 30% damage boost.
    Yeah for a while you'll definately want to use a builder. Maybe even later on when you're further in. For solo play I think that 30% may not be worth not having a strong dps hero, but that's mostly later on survival waves. And probably even then, it's going to be up for debate. I soloed most of the nightmare content (campaign) with just builders. I can recommend picking up a trap huntress or aura monk though. They definately add a lot to your builds. The trapper is most important nowadays, since sharken and djinn both get stunned by gas traps.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by some_guy View Post
    Also, your squire should be able to handle Raining Goblins on Nighmare. Do this to farm some Goblin staves for your EV which should up her stats a bit.
    Raining Goblins NM HC is very easily soloed with Squire/Countess tower stats in the 300-400 range.
    http://ddplanner.com/?l=5365,rg-nm-hc

Very easy setup. You can upgrade everything up to wave 7. After that you will want to collect mana for your characters.
    The reason is simple; Imp.

You can stand on the Crystal with an Imp to repair your defenses.
    On NM the Imp repairs like a beast. You need to get the Repair Speed (SPS) to 6 and Repair Amount to 500 or more.

You can easily farm Goblin Overlord's Charge doing this. This weapon provides great starting stats for the EV class.
    It is also very easy to make 3M-4M mana from it if you sell the staff. The staff can be sold for as little as 800k mana and high as 2.6M mana in the Tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by zingfharn View Post

Here's the solution: Host the game in open. Build it. Put "need dps" in the room title. Open the game. Wait until someone joins who is a good complement for you joins. Close the game. Explain your rules. If he fails to respond or seems incompetent ,kick, and repeat.
    Play. If s/he can handle glitter and seems likeable, suggest doing a nightmare run.
    You have now made a new friend, who can help you in the future.

Secondary solution: insane survival for mo' betta gear.
    By "close the game" I imagine you mean "hide" right?