Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: retribution/tavern dummy question

0 Not allowed!

Question retribution/tavern dummy question

not sure where i could best ask this question, but since it's about a huntress weapon.

so, i have this retribution.
    7 shots per second, 4 arrows per shot (so 28 arrows per second)
    i do about 43K DMG per arrow which should mean i should deal slightly over 1,2mill DPS.

the problem here is, when i test this on a tavern dummy, it only shows ~865K DPS, which didn't make sense. i figured that either some shots weren't registering or the retribution used some kind of weird multiplicative calculation to lower the DMG on the same target(which i found unlikely). i did some more calculating and figured, it only registered 20 of the 28 shots (which after some testing seemed to be true to the small numbers)

so just to be sure, i wanted to ask, am i missing something? or do dummies have a cap of 20 DMG registers per second.

i would be really happy if my damage IS actually higher than the dummies state. (it's close to 350K DPS difference after all)

P.S. first post

0 Not allowed!
    The tavern dummies don't register damage correctly, the flopping animation may have something to do with it.

0 Not allowed!
    Wrong, you do not fire 7 shots a second, when you see a fire rate for your gun, that is a modifier based on your actual weapon type.

In the case of retributions, their max fire rate is 2.5 shots per second. A shot being a spread of 4 bullets. And sorry bud, the tavern dummies do, in fact, register damage properly. On the plus side though, you are dealing higher dps than shown only because a retribution has limited target piercing for small mobs (against groups of goblins/kobolds you are dishing out damage to multiple foes)

0 Not allowed!
    that makes even less sense though :/ 2.5 SPS @ 4 bolts per shot = 10 bolts per sec, which should add up to 432500 DPS ... in which case I'm magically doing twice the damage I'm supposed to be doing.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rominus View Post
    And sorry bud, the tavern dummies do, in fact, register damage properly.
    They seriously don't. Double damage from Lightning towers, discrepancies from overlapping infernos, etc.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonsDawn View Post
    that makes even less sense though :/ 2.5 SPS @ 4 bolts per shot = 10 bolts per sec, which should add up to 432500 DPS ... in which case I'm magically doing twice the damage I'm supposed to be doing.
    you right, I was getting mixed up with a different gun, went back and tested and they fire 5 shots per second (20 bolts per second) either way the damage was accurate.

Its the same way pets don't accurately display attacks per second though, attack speed is a modifier based on the gun, not a truly accurate count of shots per second(although to be fair pets technically call it an attack speed bonus). The only gun that probably comes close to accurate shots per second would be a blasticus or chaingun honestly.

As for trap overlap, that was a longstanding issue that was addressed in a recent patch.