Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Blame The System for Freeze Issues

0 Not allowed!
    Yeh thermal paste or not the game is 100% at fault here... Doesnt take a computer wizard to see that much. My ps3 has never frozen a single time in the 1 year ive had it on any game thats been played on it including oblivion. Thermal paste may be a good maintenence idea after a few years not in no way can it be blamed for the issue of this one game. Its obvious it was designed on pc platform and was never perfected for console. They have more work to do and more patching to fix this game. Who knows it may never get fixed at this point. People will still buy the 4th shards anyway to "support" the game that dont work right.

0 Not allowed!
    Iyashii the point you made about replacing the thermal compounds is completely irrelevant. Replacing the compund merely extends the life of the GPU/CPU by preventing it from over heating. To let you know my game crashes multiple times a day and this is a direct cause of the DLCs that the consoles were not meant to get, I have only had my system since November. The GPU(Graphics Card) is no where near strong enough to handle the recommended settings for this game. The computer equivilance to the PS3 GPU is the Nvidia 7800 GS were the recommended for the PC is The Geforce 220 GT.
    To save you on the effort in searching up the individual parts I will kindly provide you with the infrmation.
    Nvidia 7800 GS:Core Clock: 375 MHz , Memory Clock: 1.2 GHz
    Nvidia geforce 220 GT: Core Clock: 625/1,360 MHz, Memory Clock: 1.8 GHz
    Your case is most definitely RARE, to be honest I am happy for you. Rather than reading other peoples complaints please have them read that message that all of us recieve in Febuary about NOT RECIEVING ANYMORE DLC. we all should at least expect some issues. This is a case of Simple Marketing (Supply and Demand), if we want if bad enough they will supply it to us. Remember Halo 2, FF XIV, and all those other rushed game that we all experienced problems with, it is all the same in the end MONEY!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by animejunky5 View Post
    Iyashii the point you made about replacing the thermal compounds is completely irrelevant. Replacing the compund merely extends the life of the GPU/CPU by preventing it from over heating. To let you know my game crashes multiple times a day and this is a direct cause of the DLCs that the consoles were not meant to get, I have only had my system since November. The GPU(Graphics Card) is no where near strong enough to handle the recommended settings for this game. The computer equivilance to the PS3 GPU is the Nvidia 7800 GS were the recommended for the PC is The Geforce 220 GT.
    To save you on the effort in searching up the individual parts I will kindly provide you with the infrmation.
    Your case is most definitely RARE, to be honest I am happy for you. Rather than reading other peoples complaints please have them read that message that all of us recieve in Febuary about NOT RECIEVING ANYMORE DLC. we all should at least expect some issues. This is a case of Simple Marketing (Supply and Demand), if we want if bad enough they will supply it to us. Remember Halo 2, FF XIV, and all those other rushed game that we all experienced problems with, it is all the same in the end MONEY!!!!!
    you... you...

*begins slow clap*

0 Not allowed!
    I bought my current PS3 a little over 6 weeks ago. This game has frozen since the day I got it.

0 Not allowed!
    You still haven't said whether or not you can play aquanos with 4 people online and not freeze on a consistent bases.

And also you have already admitted it's trendys fault,lol.

0 Not allowed!
    Or morrago

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 2 month old slim ps3 and freeze.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by animejunky5 View Post
    The thermal paste is completely relevant. It is not there to "extend" the life of anything. It is there to allow the hardware to function properly.

That's like having a video card's fan broken and saying that the fan is not the cause of the video card not working.
    It's like having a broken cooling system on our processor and claiming that's not why your computer keeps shutting off.

Is my case rare? Who knows. Is anybody else up for the challenge to test this? With all these people claiming freezing issues I haven't seen any. What is different between our PS3s? Think about what is different and what we get from playing. It's hard to say if I am in the minority here if no one else can compare the solution I am stating.

As for the "No PC exclusive DLC coming" message you are saying, what does that have to do with anything?
    Supply and demand is not as literal as you are making it seem. Every single console player could demand the DLC, but if Trendy has decided they would lose profit on it no amount of "demand" would make them supply it.

Given their response regarding the DLC and console hardware limitations I would bet the game would have to be optimized to allow the DLC. That would involve Trendy to re-write the game's code and optimize it. The cost of that could not be made back with selling the DLC at a feasible price.

Remember that it's not a matter of demand; it's a matter of making profit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwolves71 View Post
    You still haven't said whether or not you can play aquanos with 4 people online and not freeze on a consistent bases.

And also you have already admitted it's trendys fault,lol.
    ...Or morrago
    I haven't had time to play Aquanos on the PS3 yet, but I can run it and test it for you.
    I have never had any freezes on either of the past DLC maps.

I am not saying Trendy is at fault for the freezing issues. I am claiming that the game is taxing the PS3 and the stock thermal paste cannot keep up.

0 Not allowed!
    Poor optimization is the developers fault, period. Also, in case you haven't noticed there are plenty of people on here saying they have nearly brand new ps3's and are still freezing. again, my ps3 is over a year old. DD is absolutely the only game Ive ever experienced freezing to this degree, oblivion used to freeze on my Xbox once in a while, but no where near to this extent. I am happy that your system doesn't freeze on you. You do play Moraggo on insane with 4 players then right?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianwulf View Post
    Poor optimization is the developers fault, period. Also, in case you haven't noticed there are plenty of people on here saying they have nearly brand new ps3's and are still freezing. again, my ps3 is over a year old. DD is absolutely the only game Ive ever experienced freezing to this degree, oblivion used to freeze on my Xbox once in a while, but no where near to this extent. I am happy that your system doesn't freeze on you. You do play Moraggo on insane with 4 players then right?
    Poor optimization, at least I wouldn't, consider it a "fault" unless there is proof it is causing issues.
    We can argue if poor optimization causes freezing, but given Trendy cannot replicate the issue I would argue against it.

I would very much like to hear from somebody who has the knowledge to replace their thermal paste, especially on a new slim, and see if that helps them.

Like I have said, yes I have played Moraggo with a full game and not had any freezes. I posted that I was going to test out 4 player Moraggo with the towers all being mine and I will do so when I have time.