Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Help-moving into Nightmare

0 Not allowed!

PC Help-moving into Nightmare

Okay, I give up, so I'm here asking for help.

My group and I have all got full Mythical sets, mostly from me solo farming Nightmare Glitterhelm, we're all above level 75, and we're all sitting at 400-600 on all our stats. What do we do next?

We can get through most of the campaign on Nightmare (except the boss levels) but we've hit a wall in terms of loot and just don't know where we need to be going next. I keep seeing people on the forum complaining about their low-level stats at like 800 and just wish my characters were doing that well.

Aside from hitting up the AFK stores, what are we not doing to get over this hump so we can actually complete the Nightmare campaign? At what point should we expect to start seeing transcendent stuff?

0 Not allowed!
    Hello there,

There is an amazing place on these forums where people have put many many hours into putting the kind of information you seek into the form of "guides". Now i know this is your first time on these forums and the section labeled "PC/Console Guides" on the main page is hard to find and has a really confusing name, but i promise you all the information you seek is there.

Go poke around and read a bit once you have if you still have some specific questions please feel free to join my steam community (listed in my sig) and follow the instructions to message me, id be happy to help.

Happy defending

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonzor View Post
    Okay, I give up, so I'm here asking for help.

My group and I have all got full Mythical sets, mostly from me solo farming Nightmare Glitterhelm, we're all above level 75, and we're all sitting at 400-600 on all our stats. What do we do next?

We can get through most of the campaign on Nightmare (except the boss levels) but we've hit a wall in terms of loot and just don't know where we need to be going next. I keep seeing people on the forum complaining about their low-level stats at like 800 and just wish my characters were doing that well.

Aside from hitting up the AFK stores, what are we not doing to get over this hump so we can actually complete the Nightmare campaign? At what point should we expect to start seeing transcendent stuff?
    The first question is: Is your gear maxed out?

If yes, how did you max it out?
    If no, why haven't you maxed it out yet?

If you need better gear, I would consider trying your hand at Survival waves. If you get bored with those, try the Monsterfests (which are consideradbly harder than the campaign maps.)

The second question is: What characters are you using in your group of friends?

For example, I duo with a buddy and we play 2 characters each:

My 'always out' character: Squire (Primary Builder, > 1k Stats)
    My Secondary: Huntress (Tower spec, High Damage Weapon. > 1k Stats)

His 'always out' character: Monk (Hybrid 800-1k all around.)
    His Secondary: Series EV (Tower 600> all around)

Ultimately, to progress within Dungeon Defenders you have to mix some brute force with finesse. You have to keep making adjustments and upgrades to your gear until you find what works for you. Additionally, pets can make a HUGE difference and having multiple pets for early and later waves helps a lot.

A good example of this is,

My builders always are equipped with a fully upgraded Huntress or Apprentice Guardian (5 Boosted Towers.) My damage dealer always has a Genie or Djinnlett for early upgrades and I swap out for damage pets to maximize D.P.S later on.

You'd be surprised how big of a difference having good situational pets makes. Especially getting S-EV Tower Buff beams to 3-stars on the first wave.

0 Not allowed!
    You've still got a ways to go until you start seeing the trans. Myths can offer more than 600 stats, meaning there are better myths out there for you to get. While it isnt nightmare, insane shards maps can give some decent gear that may be of some use to you so that you can better progress through into nightmare

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonzor View Post
    I could be mis-understanding this, but to me it sounds like you have every stat on one character in the 4-6 hundred range. This is not advisable with campaign level gear.

Builders:
    Focus on getting armour/weapons/pets that have all 4 tower stats at ~80-100 for all builders (main Tower builder may want gear with +ve HP too so he can stay active for 33% extra damage from towers). Having all 6 items with 80 stats will give you 580 in each tower stat with the set bonus. From there start upgrading tower damage on gear that has all 4 stats at decent levels, and has 80-100 upgrades.
    Assuming 80 base stats for all and 100 upgrades on your armour, you can reach 1.1k TD.
    Try and keep the ratio of TD:rate of fire (RoF) between 2:1 and 5:3 for maximum tower damage.

Once you get into survivals, active builders will need their resists upgraded too.

DPSers:
    Similar to above. Look for armour with 80-100+ hero health and damage, all 4 positive resists, 80+ upgrades, and maybe skill 1/2.
    Upgrade resists first. Get generic to 30% (with set bonus) as fast as you can, and every tenth upgrade (10/20/30...) take the extra point offered. 30% on every piece will give you 66% in NM. Taking that to 41% on every piece will give you 90% in NM. With 90% resists, you can survive 3.4x as much damage and it only takes 7-9 stat points to get it. This is why you always take the bonus resists points.
    After generic is 30+%, upgrade the other resists to 30% when you cant get the bonus points (ie. x1-x9^).
    When you can no longer upgrade any resistances (except bonus ones ) focus on health and damage. Try and keep these atleast balanced, or with more HP than damage (cant DPS if you're dead...).

Every upgrade on a DPS weapon should go into generic damage. Every upgrade on a DPS pet should go into damage.

0 Not allowed!
    The first thing I would do is farm some see horse from Aquanos insane hardcore survival. I've gotten some really nice ones there that give +250 - 300 on three hero/tower stats and with +200^.

0 Not allowed!
    Okay... lot of input there. Thanks!

1. I've got a hybrid Huntress sporting those 400-600 stats. I've got a DPS (obviously) Barbarian and a tower Apprentice. I play with a hybrid monk, EV, and squire. And obviously everyone is wearing mythical stuff. The Huntress and Barb both have all 90s resistances. DPS with the Huntress is around 450k and with the Barb is between 500-600k.

2. The gear isn't entirely maxed out, but honestly when it's taking 45 minutes to get the 7 million mana I need to buy one upgrade for my mythical retribution I start to wonder if I should be saving that money and move to the "next" place I need to go for equipment. That's part of the trouble... spending time grinding mana isn't equaling any real progress. I could spend an hour playing so I can buy 4-5 points of tower damage... is that really the path? I've been grinding and spending on essentially the same mythical set since before the Easter Egg Hunt ended.

3. I've been maxing gear by grinding Nightmare Glitterhelm as long as I can (I've gotten to wave 9 once or twice), checking the loot and selling the garbage.

4. When you're playing those Survival maps or MonsterFests... I'm assuming Insane? When does the good stuff come out of insane UMF? I've gotten to wave 13 before on Insane and only seen garbage. Is the real good stuff the random weapon/armor you get at completion?

0 Not allowed!
    Glitterhelm is a rather awkward map for solo/duo. The amount of travelling between each choke makes it (IMO) one of the hardest maps at the entry->mid stats that you have.

Work on completing endless spires on NM consistently. After you can do that, move straight to mistymire forest. The chokes are much more compact (compared to glitter), making solo/duo a much easier task, and the loot is better as well. Make sure to loot everything on the last wave, as stuff dosent get sold before the boss arrives and you wont be able to beat her straight away.
    A run to the queen can net 100+M mana IIRC and gear that can reach 800-1.5k tower stats.

As to UMF's, always do it NMHC. Each wave after the first will net millions of mana, and gear on par or better than misty. Oasis MF in particular is the place to farm mana for mid-high level NM players (200+M for 25 minutes), but I've seen people completing it with under 1k stats. The only rewards worth looking at are the pets. Armour and weapons are typically better on the ground, but the pets can be crazy good.

Check the guides section if you need help with builds

0 Not allowed!
    I think its funny and sad at the same time that everyone is craving those trans and supreme items.
    Just because it has "trans" in the item description doesnt make it any better than a good mythical.
    Found a lot of trans lately, even a few supreme , but most of them are pure garbage.
    Was in a player shop yesterday with pages full of trans and supreme, not one good item in there.
    So stop focusing on them till you get to real high waves on the shard maps and city in the cliffs.

If you want better loot, you have to do survival runs as far as you can get with your gear.
    Unfortunately, with the latest addition of new mobs, you wont make it far with just one builder.

You need at least the following:
    Aura Monk - for Ensnare and Strength Drain
    Traptress - for Gas Traps
    Squire - as main Builder
    Preferably EV - as Wall Builder and for BuffBeams/Reflection Walls

A good combination with turrets also is the fireball from Apprentice, not 100% needed, but makes it sometimes easier to get more out of your DUs.
    For DPS Char i advice to get a DPS Monk with high resis and hero/tower boost.
    You can get a decent Nosferatu on Spooctacular.
    Together with a good DPS Pet (Seahorse etc) you get a really good base and can work your way up from there.
    No need to keep your builder out this way.

Once you can do higher waves on survival, mana will come in quite fast and you can start to upgrade all your main stats.
    Then its a very slow process in finding that one item that is better than your current one
    I think its much more rewarding to actually find your gear yourself and not go through the painful process of buying from other players. Not to mention that the prices nowadays are outrageous.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlHeinz69 View Post
    I think its funny and sad at the same time that everyone is craving those trans and supreme items.
    Just because it has "trans" in the item description doesnt make it any better than a good mythical.
    Found a lot of trans lately, even a few supreme , but most of them are pure garbage.
    Was in a player shop yesterday with pages full of trans and supreme, not one good item in there.
    So stop focusing on them till you get to real high waves on the shard maps and city in the cliffs.

This, Most of my chars are still in their myth gear as most of the trans/sup gear i find is pure crap.