Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: building RTS CitC?

0 Not allowed!

building RTS CitC?

is there a working build or guide anywhere? i had no trouble with the campaign (save summit... though that was more me being lazy than anything else...) but i cant get past the first wave of CitC
    ive had a look around and cant find anything (although im not the best sleuth - so i could be overlooking something obvious)

0 Not allowed!
    i used something like this for the first round

http://ddplanner.com/?l=7178,rts-achievment-1-round

the archers were more than enough for me (depends on equip)
    after the round i build 2 buffbeams (making an buffbeam X) in the auras for my minions -- then building 1orc + 1 mage for west/south -- rest of MU i invested in Orcs/Mages and Archers in East ---- u need 2 or more Archers for the East Wyverns so i build them another buffbeam near the crystal

my setup looked something like this
    http://ddplanner.com/?l=7180,rts-achievment-final

worked without problems

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukedreidee View Post
    i used something like this for the first round

http://ddplanner.com/?l=7178,rts-achievment-1-round

the archers were more than enough for me (depends on equip)
    after the round i build 2 buffbeams (making an buffbeam X) in the auras for my minions -- then building 1orc + 1 mage for west/south -- rest of MU i invested in Orcs/Mages and Archers in East ---- u need 2 or more Archers for the East Wyverns so i build them another buffbeam near the crystal

my setup looked something like this
    http://ddplanner.com/?l=7180,rts-achievment-final

worked without problems
    tyvm, ill have to try it later, though i had trouble setting traps+minions first wave "/ guess i have to set up faster D=
    what were your stats?

0 Not allowed!
    summoner hast something like 1500/2100/1200/1700
    monk and huntress have something with 1800range (the only thing important ^^)

0 Not allowed!
    thanks =D my stats are very similar... hopefully i can do it

0 Not allowed!
    just keep enough mana for repairs and the flashheal in overlordmode

0 Not allowed!
    =D got it (though had to respec ranger/EV so they speedcapped) tyvm, surprisingly easy, though auras went down fast xD (north and south especially)

though i skipped orcs and just went with mages and archers xD

... but still dont have the achievement "/ i checked my crystal and i have 'mission real time strategist' on all campaign maps, so idk what's going on...

*edit*... aww.... shards too? sigh...

0 Not allowed!
    Same layout idea works in Shards. I ended up with a similar build to Duke, except I personally placed the gas center on middle archer and front edge of traps is where the orc was in each area. This simply helped with the archer/mage low range. Also helps to pull Auras back so it just goes past orc position before buffed - it last longer. If taking on to much damage, just move the ensnare further out. The Strength Drain really just needs to cover your Minions because it tends to drain faster. I highly recommend 1 Orc each covered area per map to control in overlord mode when need. (1 ogre south crystal in Aquanos is just fun). Dessert is such a big map, won't hurt to have a builder friend set up gas and buffs.

Good Luck

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by introspectivextrovert View Post
    Same layout idea works in Shards. I ended up with a similar build to Duke, except I personally placed the gas center on middle archer and front edge of traps is where the orc was in each area. This simply helped with the archer/mage low range. Also helps to pull Auras back so it just goes past orc position before buffed - it last longer. If taking on to much damage, just move the ensnare further out. The Strength Drain really just needs to cover your Minions because it tends to drain faster. I highly recommend 1 Orc each covered area per map to control in overlord mode when need. (1 ogre south crystal in Aquanos is just fun). Dessert is such a big map, won't hurt to have a builder friend set up gas and buffs.
    yeh... its the time limit that worries me most... misty wouldnt be a problem (ive also seen the spider queen and her brood getting flattened by an ogre and couple of mages), i dont think i have anyone i could ask to do that for me ^^; think ill just swap some pets around so that my EV/ranger/monk has a non attacking pet...

Quote Originally Posted by introspectivextrovert View Post
    Good Luck