Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: Dreamcast

0 Not allowed!

Dreamcast

Rather than throw my server hunting discussion further off-topic, I'm starting this. And really, Dreamcast is a console worthy of it's own thread My all-time favorites, in no particular order; PowerStone 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi 1 & 2, Soul Calibur, ShadowMan, Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue. So far ahead of it's time, nevermind that Sega was already having financial troubles

My absolute favorite part is the interactive vmu. Most games would have a little avatar displayed, and a few would actually include unlockable mini games for it. So freaking awesome, lol. I was first turned on to punk rock music b/c of Crazy Taxi. For everyone who still owns a working Dreamcast, my #1 recommendation is ShadowMan. It's an action/puzzle/rpg-ish. Very dark and adult-violence world, with beautiful poetry.

So tell me about your love for this overlooked gem of a console.
    ** I am a volunteer to help Trendy, I don't work for and/or represent. So **

0 Not allowed!
    I believe it was the only console to have a fishing-rod peripheral.. 'nuff said (maybe that's why they were losing money lol)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdoMindTricKs View Post
    I believe it was the only console to have a fishing-rod peripheral.. 'nuff said (maybe that's why they were losing money lol)
    Unfortunately I never got a Dreamcast until late in its life. I did love Resident Evil Code Veronica. Crazy Taxi is still an awesome game. Really wanted Ikaruga on the Dreamcast but instead got it for the GameCube. The VMU was and still is a great little piece of hardware. One thing that I still don't get is why they had the cord come out from the bottom of the controller... who the heck thought that was a good idea?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vu Prime View Post
    Unfortunately I never got a Dreamcast until late in its life. I did love Resident Evil Code Veronica. Crazy Taxi is still an awesome game. Really wanted Ikaruga on the Dreamcast but instead got it for the GameCube. The VMU was and still is a great little piece of hardware. One thing that I still don't get is why they had the cord come out from the bottom of the controller... who the heck thought that was a good idea?
    There is a little bracket at the top of the controller where you can attach it, but that is still folding the cord and losing a few inches of it. Still, a rather minor inconvenience. Hydro Thunder was another surprise hit.
    ** I am a volunteer to help Trendy, I don't work for and/or represent. So **

0 Not allowed!
    OMG Dreamcast was the $hit. I still have mines and still play it with my kids. Power stone bomberman hell ya. Not to mention the great football franchise of all time NFL 2k.

The most important thing about the DC was that it was the first console to go online. I remember coming home from school hooking up my 56k to it and playing the hell outta Phantasy Star Online. Oh memories.

0 Not allowed!
    Powerstone 1 & 2 and PSO also had one of the first DLC's ever to be released on a console which was ahead of its time!
    Last edited by Dredd; 06-09-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    Dreamcast Didn't Fail, Sega Failed to Keep The Dream Alive!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBoxershorts View Post
    I personally liked "Toy commander" on dreamcast, and "crazy taxi"
    here

0 Not allowed!
    MG Dreamcast was the $hit. I still have mines and still play it with my kids. Power stone bomberman hell ya. Not to mention the great football franchise of all time NFL 2k.

The most important thing about the DC was that it was the first console to go online. I remember coming home from school hooking up my 56k to it and playing the hell outta Phantasy Star Online. Oh memories.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal-D View Post
    Rather than throw my server hunting discussion further off-topic, I'm starting this. And really, Dreamcast is a console worthy of it's own thread My all-time favorites, in no particular order; PowerStone 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi 1 & 2, Soul Calibur, ShadowMan, Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue. So far ahead of it's time, nevermind that Sega was already having financial troubles

My absolute favorite part is the interactive vmu. Most games would have a little avatar displayed, and a few would actually include unlockable mini games for it. So freaking awesome, lol. I was first turned on to punk rock music b/c of Crazy Taxi. For everyone who still owns a working Dreamcast, my #1 recommendation is ShadowMan. It's an action/puzzle/rpg-ish. Very dark and adult-violence world, with beautiful poetry.

So tell me about your love for this overlooked gem of a console.
    Lol you are right

0 Not allowed!
    Please dont bump old threads, this is from 2 years ago. Thank you

Haha, The Has Been Doubled!
    Main PSN: Spyro_Dragon1209
    Second PSN: BronyLPer
    YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCULxHBCuS9WCMUEAqwwBU9A
    Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/bronylper/profile
    SID: www.steamcommunity.com/id/bronylper

Subscribe to me on YouTube or follow me on Twitch if you want to watch me play games in the future