Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Registered to say this..

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluekitsune View Post
    Yea, it's been tested. There is like 2 topics somewhere on here showing the math.
    Ive been searching, and I cant find a single topic saying that upgrading auras makes them go down faster. Although I did find this.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthre...t=aura+upgrade

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianwulf View Post
    Ive been searching, and I cant find a single topic saying that upgrading auras makes them go down faster. Although I did find this.

upgrading auras increases attack rate, therefore attack rate eats up aura life.

0 Not allowed!
    Attack rate does not eat up aura life. The only thing that matters is how many creatures are in the aura.

0 Not allowed!
    auras decay overtime even with 0 creeps walking through them..

maybe when u upgrade them the rate of decay increases without creeps walking through them... someone test it out ... i dont get home until 8pm

0 Not allowed!

They do drop faster, here's the explaination:

When you upgrade a tower/trap/aura all the corresponding Tower Stats (Tower Health/Attack/Radius/Attack Rate) are upgraded by an exponent of 2.

So 1st upgrade will be 2^1 or +2 to tower stats.
    2nd upgrade: 2^2 or +4 to tower stats.
    3rd upgrade: 2^3 or +8 to tower stats.
    4th upgrade: 2^4 or +16 to tower stats.
    5th upgrade: 2^5 or +32 to tower stats.

Most people with Huntresses/Monks put many more points into Tower Health and Tower Attack than the other 2 stats. So let's build an example character.

Tower Health: 200
    Tower Attack: 300
    Tower Radius: 100
    Tower Attack Speed: 80

If you upgrade an aura with 5 upgrades, here are the example stats for that particular aura:

Tower Health: 200 + 32 = 232
    Tower Attack: 300 + 32 = 332
    Tower Radius: 100 + 32 = 132
    Tower Attack Speed: 80 + 32 = 112

As we all know, adding stats into a character (wether it be Hero Stats/Trap Stats) is also exponential, ie. there's more of a difference between 100 - 120 than there is 300 - 320.

So according to this example we're "improving" Tower Attack Speed "faster" than the other Tower stats. So proportionally Traps/Auras will fall faster because you're adjusting the Tower Attack Speed higher than any other stats.

0 Not allowed!
    This is my speculation BTW. Sorry to pass off the info as fact, as it clearly isn't backed by any member of TE.

0 Not allowed!
    And I'm fairly sure an Electric Aura attacking every .3 seconds will fall faster than one attacking every .6 seconds, assuming the Tower Health is the same.

0 Not allowed!
    Attack rate does not eat up aura life. The only thing that matters is how many creatures are in the aura.
    This is what ive always believed.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma SPNKr View Post
    They do drop faster, here's the explaination:

When you upgrade a tower/trap/aura all the corresponding Tower Stats (Tower Health/Attack/Radius/Attack Rate) are upgraded by an exponent of 2.

So 1st upgrade will be 2^1 or +2 to tower stats.
    2nd upgrade: 2^2 or +4 to tower stats.
    3rd upgrade: 2^3 or +8 to tower stats.
    4th upgrade: 2^4 or +16 to tower stats.
    5th upgrade: 2^5 or +32 to tower stats.

Most people with Huntresses/Monks put many more points into Tower Health and Tower Attack than the other 2 stats. So let's build an example character.

Tower Health: 200
    Tower Attack: 300
    Tower Radius: 100
    Tower Attack Speed: 80

If you upgrade an aura with 5 upgrades, here are the example stats for that particular aura:

Tower Health: 200 + 32 = 232
    Tower Attack: 300 + 32 = 332
    Tower Radius: 100 + 32 = 132
    Tower Attack Speed: 80 + 32 = 112

As we all know, adding stats into a character (wether it be Hero Stats/Trap Stats) is also exponential, ie. there's more of a difference between 100 - 120 than there is 300 - 320.

So according to this example we're "improving" Tower Attack Speed "faster" than the other Tower stats. So proportionally Traps/Auras will fall faster because you're adjusting the Tower Attack Speed higher than any other stats.
    Except you still haven't explained any testing that proves the towers fall faster because of tic speed as opposed to having more monsters in them. Whereas there is testing explaining why aura health goes down from more monsters.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro0osh View Post
    Aura upgrading makes the aura decay faster.

Reason for people getting kicked:
    - no mic
    - Wasting units, when you clearly tell them "please dont build"
    - Survival mode - (insane) Adding 1k enemies joining with level 20
    - Not repairing
    - Looting everything
    - Stays in one area and doesnt move - Ignores repairs and Ogres
    - Doesnt press Crystal -(after imploring them to do so)
    - Upgrading Auras - (after imploring them not to do so)
    - Moraggo and Aqurinos freezing problem with more then 2 people.

Am i forgetting something? Is unfair? unreasonable?
    this is all 100% true in terms of reasons ppl kick

||PSN: HEER29||SID: HEER29||
    ||PS3 EVENT TEAM||LAST STAND EVENTS||
    ||MEMBER OF THE PS3 DONATIONS GROUP||
    ||MEMBER OF THE GUARANTEED LEGIT GROUP||