Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 108

Thread: I Blame The System for Freeze Issues

  1. #11
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ty-1112 View Post
    i got my ps3 in 2009
    I edited the OP with more clarifications.

    Basically the stock thermal paste heat sink compound can dry out dramatically after a few short years with minimal wear. I was seeing problems with my PS3 after a little over a year of heavy gaming use.

    Unless you've cracked open your PS3 and have seen the stock paste, you have no idea how ****ty it is.

  2. #12
    0 Not allowed!
    Trendy knows what the ps3 can or can't handle..

    the fact is they prefer the pc version over consoles.. because it's easier for them to patch bugs and whatnot.. too many restrictions or something like that.. things need to get approved blah blah blah..

    i'm sure i've read something of that sort on this website somewhere.. and that was coming from them..

    i don't blame them.. it's a wise decision since the pc version is going to be their big moneymaker..
    it would just be nice for them to be a little smarter with their console DLCs and patches

  3. #13
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyashii View Post
    So I am officially tired of seeing these posts/threads complaining about the freezing issues.
    Everyone wants to complain about it and nobody wants to try anything to fix it. I know it is easier to complain and hope somebody else fixes it, but now you need to stand on your own two legs.

    I have an original launch 60GB PS3. I upgraded the HDD to a 500GB HDD and replaced the thermal past heat sink compound on the cell processor with some Arctic Silver 5.

    I do not have freezing issues.
    I've had DD freeze on me twice in the hundreds of hours I've put into it and those were months ago.

    I can guarantee anyone with a Phat PS3 has dried out thermal paste. The Slims can see this issue after a few years of hard play time. The stock thermal paste heat sink compound used during manufacturing is cheap and unreliable.

    I would love to hear from anybody who has replaced their thermal paste and still has freezing issues. Until then I am saying that you are playing a game on a system with faulty hardware. Your PS3's cell processor is overheating due to dried out thermal paste.

    Unless you fix your thermal paste I don't think anything Trendy can do can fix the freezing issues.
    If this is the case, then why doesn't my ps3 freeze when I play Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Dead Space, Resident Evil 5, Borderlands, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, Payday: The Heist, Uncharted 3, Dead Island, and many other games. Just curious. Please enlighten me.

  4. #14
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by InZombiAc View Post
    Trendy knows what the ps3 can or can't handle..

    the fact is they prefer the pc version over consoles.. because it's easier for them to patch bugs and whatnot.. too many restrictions or something like that.. things need to get approved blah blah blah..

    i'm sure i've read something of that sort on this website somewhere.. and that was coming from them..

    i don't blame them.. it's a wise decision since the pc version is going to be their big moneymaker..
    it would just be nice for them to be a little smarter with their console DLCs and patches
    What the system can handle and what it can handle with faulty hardware are completely different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brianwulf View Post
    If this is the case, then why doesn't my ps3 freeze when I play Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Dead Space, Resident Evil 5, Borderlands, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, Payday: The Heist, Uncharted 3, Dead Island, and many other games. Just curious. Please enlighten me.
    What PS3 do you have?
    If it's used frequently and nearing a year old you can start seeing issues.

    Overall it does come down to game coding and optimization.
    I would bet good money that those games are better optimized than DD is. Excessive scripts running can tax a system more than processing visual graphics.

    With stock thermal paste I saw freezing issues with Borderlands, Uncharted and Dead Island. After replacing the paste I only saw freezing with Dead Island and that was a specific bug causing that, not normal freezing.

  5. #15
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyashii View Post
    It is not a "mod" and it is definitely a "fix".
    It is basic upkeep on a computer gaming system.

    Older consoles didn't really require any of this chiefly due to their primitive nature.
    Anyone with a computer will tell you that upkeep is required or you end up with a broken computer.

    The heat from the cell processor is transferred from the cell processor to the cooling system. That paste is an Achilles's heel. Without proper thermal paste your PS3's cell process will over heat and the system will crash/freeze.

    Blame Sony for the cheap stock paste. Your PS3 is a computer gaming system and not a brick with a disc reader.
    >.>

    Kid i built my computer from ground up. What did you read a couple manuals and think your qualified to talk to people like they don't know what thermal paste is. I fix peoples consoles after they red ring yellow light etc. But no consoles are not meant to be opened up to re apply thermal paste. If your console is overheating and your thermal paste needs to be re applied then your console will not turn on trust me i know, and if that were the case then how would i run games like dark souls, skyrim, fallout, or deus ex games that are 10x more graphical.


    Quit acting like you know what your talking about.

  6. #16
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel666 View Post
    Kid i built my computer from ground up. What did you read a couple manuals and think your qualified to talk to people like they don't know what thermal paste is. I fix peoples consoles after they red ring yellow light etc. But no consoles are not meant to be opened up to re apply thermal paste. If your console is overheating and your thermal paste needs to be re applied then your console will not turn on trust me i know, and if that were the case then how would i run games like dark souls, skyrim, fallout, or deus ex games that are 10x more graphical.


    Quit acting like you know what your talking about.
    Hey, I built my computer too!
    How weird is that? Maybe we can find somebody else who built their computer as well!

    Sarcasm aside now. Your condescending attitude is pointless.

    Read a few manuals? Laughable.
    You fix PS3s after a YLoD? Great, if I owned a Heat Gun I could re-flow the motherboard as well.
    Consoles aren't meant to be opened up to re-apply thermal paste? I'll give you that one. That doesn't change the low grade quality of the stock thermal paste now does it?

    I opened my PS3 and I did take it apart and I did replace my thermal paste heat sink compound. My fans were kicking into 3rd gear 10 minutes after turning it on. Instead of waiting for it to YLoD and re-flow the MB I decided to replace the thermal pate before then.

    Your last sentence clearly shows you are full of it.
    More graphical? Yes, because graphics are everything and that determines the quality and coding of a game.

  7. #17
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyashii View Post

    What PS3 do you have?
    If it's used frequently and nearing a year old you can start seeing issues.

    Overall it does come down to game coding and optimization.
    I would bet good money that those games are better optimized than DD is. Excessive scripts running can tax a system more than processing visual graphics.

    With stock thermal paste I saw freezing issues with Borderlands, Uncharted and Dead Island. After replacing the paste I only saw freezing with Dead Island and that was a specific bug causing that, not normal freezing.
    1. My ps3 is used extensively, and is over a year old.
    2. I have stock thermal paste, and have absolutely no issues running the many other games I play.
    3. You just admitted that the coding is the reason it freezes do to poor optimization, that is, without a doubt, the developers fault. If they are not optimizing the game, then they are lazy developers. Lazy developers make games that freeze constantly.
    4. The console and its capabilities still cannot be blamed because the developer knows the hardware that they are working with, therefore, they should know what it can handle.
    5. Finally, people are not going to stop complaining until they are presented with a game that actually works.

  8. #18
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianwulf View Post
    3. You just admitted that the coding is the reason it freezes do to poor optimization, that is, without a doubt, the developers fault. If they are not optimizing the game, then they are lazy developers. Lazy developers make games that freeze constantly.
    4. The console and its capabilities still cannot be blamed because the developer knows the hardware that they are working with, therefore, they should know what it can handle.
    5. Finally, people are not going to stop complaining until they are presented with a game that actually works.
    Poorly optimized coding can tax the processor more than it should and optimally coded games won't be as taxing.
    I agree, though, that it is up to the developer to code and optimize their code, but they have their reasons for how they code and any lack of optimization. I chalk it up, in Trendy's case, to being new to the console.

    What the system can handle at it's best and what it can handle with faulty hardware will not always be the same.

    I agree, but perhaps they will see this and realize it may be more than just "Trendy ruining the game".
    I can't stop them from complaining, but I can at least try to bring more to the table, eh?

  9. #19
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyashii View Post
    Hey, I built my computer too!
    How weird is that? Maybe we can find somebody else who built their computer as well!

    Sarcasm aside now. Your condescending attitude is pointless.

    Read a few manuals? Laughable.
    You fix PS3s after a YLoD? Great, if I owned a Heat Gun I could re-flow the motherboard as well.
    Consoles aren't meant to be opened up to re-apply thermal paste? I'll give you that one. That doesn't change the low grade quality of the stock thermal paste now does it?

    I opened my PS3 and I did take it apart and I did replace my thermal paste heat sink compound. My fans were kicking into 3rd gear 10 minutes after turning it on. Instead of waiting for it to YLoD and re-flow the MB I decided to replace the thermal pate before then.

    Your last sentence clearly shows you are full of it.
    More graphical? Yes, because graphics are everything and that determines the quality and coding of a game.
    The point is its not the consoles fault exactly what you said " Yes, because graphics are everything and that determines the quality and coding of a game" its not but if my thermal paste was an issue i would be having a problem with them but no i only have a problem with this game as do a lot of other people. So refer to your last sentence and agree that the "the quality and coding of a game" are the problem. A problem they need to fix not us. Other company's can make games that do what they are supposed to why shouldn't TE be held to the same standards.

  10. #20
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel666 View Post
    The point is its not the consoles fault exactly what you said " Yes, because graphics are everything and that determines the quality and coding of a game" its not but if my thermal paste was an issue i would be having a problem with them but no i only have a problem with this game as do a lot of other people. So refer to your last sentence and agree that the "the quality and coding of a game" are the problem. A problem they need to fix not us. Other company's can make games that do what they are supposed to why shouldn't TE be held to the same standards.
    "Yes, because graphics are everything and that determines the quality and coding of a game".
    That was sarcasm. I will refrain from doing so to prevent any misunderstandings.

    There can be more than a single problem. There can always be more than a single point of failure.
    I would bet good money on the game coding for DD being poorly optimized for consoles. Pair that with shoddy and dried thermal paste.

    DD has a lot of things running with it. Thousands of items and creatures are constantly being spawned and de-spawned. Each creature has to be rendered and every item needs to be generated.

    I want to reiterate; there can be more than a single point of failure. DD paired with dried thermal paste does not mix well.

    Trendy has tried to replicate freezing on their end and have been unsuccessful. Now whether or not they want to re-optimize the game is their decision.
    You say the game freezes and you are drawing from your experiences. I say the game does not freeze and I am drawing from my experiences. You see how this can be a hard issue to pin down?

    As for Trendy being held to the same standards, those standards are from the consumer only. Trendy abides by the standards set to them by the console companies. Anything else is purely from a consumer standpoint.

    As I said before this is Trendy's first console game. I will grant them a pardon for any issues with their game. If this were to happen to their second game for consoles (if that happens), I won't be so kind.

    Quote Originally Posted by MustangPirate69 View Post
    Ok...I'm gonna have to research what you've said. If I can fix or better these issues myself I'm all for it.
    Please note; it can be a difficult process if you don't know what you are doing. There are some tutorials floating around Youtube as well.

    Keep in mind that opening your PS3 will void the warranty so please remember that. Without extended warranty options purchased the warranty ends after a year or purchase.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Trendy Ent.
dungeon defenders2dungeon defenders


© 2014 Trendy Entertainment All rights reserved. All trademarks referenced herein are the properties of their respective owners.

Privacy Policy