Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Steam spam opens game when launched.

0 Not allowed!
    I tried the blob thing and reinstalling steam, neither worked unfortunately. I'll try contacting steam support like suggested. Thanks for trying.

0 Not allowed!

Unhappy

Steam support told me to come back here... I think there is no hope for me.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Steam support told me to come back here... I think there is no hope for me.
    Are you familiar with using Terminal? If so, check with ps to see what the parent of the Dungeon Defenders processes are. If one DD process is spawning another, it'd be a Trendy problem. If Steam is the parent of all the DD processes, then it seems like a Valve problem.

Another thing to try, if the Mac version of Steam will let you, is launching the game manually. You will probably need Steam running, but you can find the .app bundle somewhere in your Library folder IIRC.

0 Not allowed!
    It says the parent process is steam but steam support insists I come here... I've tried running the .app with steam running and without but it says something along the lines of "Failed to launch STEAM quitting".

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    It says the parent process is steam but steam support insists I come here... I've tried running the .app with steam running and without but it says something along the lines of "Failed to launch STEAM quitting".
    Well that certainly sounds like Steam's fault. I don't know how to get Valve to help you, though

Maybe Trendy can intervene on your behalf. Good luck