Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The "Simple and Illustrated" general guide for newbies

3 Not allowed!

Post The "Simple and Illustrated" general guide for newbies

Important classes for nightmare

Important Stats for each builder

Set Bonus

Basic Nightmare Strategy

Building a DPS

Tips/Hotkeys and that kinda stuff

Daniel "Sound".
    My SID - http://steamcommunity.com/id/danielsilveira/
    My 3D Art - http://danielsnd.com/

0 Not allowed!
    Post Reserved
    Daniel "Sound".

0 Not allowed!
    Looks very nice and easy to follow. I don't suggest you tell new players to rush right up mythical gear. Let them have a bit of fun learning and playing the game Also, 1k stats are more than enough to break into easy NM campaigns and work your way up.

Also, some of your soft cap tower stats are a bit off if you consider putting them on a buff beam. For DPS heroes, I highly suggest you also include the benefit of jester as having the ability to use ranged weapons or melee + fast cast rate. Amazing for upgrading stuff and can get strong dps for all the early waves that you upgrade in.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by draemn View Post
    Don't copy anything from my thread without asking first. k thx bye.

I am 100% sure that you have no copyrights to anything in your thread so technically the OP can use it all he wants. Not trying to start anything with you but that is the cold hard facts and is something thats going to happen from time to time. It sucks but without any copyrights to your guides anyone can use them.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Assassin View Post
    I am 100% sure that you have no copyrights to anything in your thread so technically the OP can use it all he wants. Not trying to start anything with you but that is the cold hard facts and is something thats going to happen from time to time. It sucks but without any copyrights to your guides anyone can use them.
    Actually, you own copyright on any material you create, unless you create it in an environment where you waive those copyrights. If trendy has a clause that says they own all copyright to material posted on forums, then they do, not me, otherwise I do.
    Links to guides, strategies, builds, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsingnorevy View Post
    Just made myself an account just to thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

0 Not allowed!
    Seahorse why velocity and projectiles and then base damage?
    I would have thought logically base damage and projectiles then velocity would give best damage? Or is there some restriction on the number of projectile active? Or range?

0 Not allowed!
    base damage does less dps per upgrade than either projectiles or attack speed. If you increase projectile count by +1 they still do all the same damage, but you get 1 extra projectile. If it's a choice between speed and projectile, projectile wins imo.

0 Not allowed!
    Also, some of your soft cap tower stats are a bit off if you consider putting them on a buff beam. For DPS heroes, I highly suggest you also include the benefit of jester as having the ability to use ranged weapons or melee + fast cast rate. Amazing for upgrading stuff and can get strong dps for all the early waves that you upgrade in.
    Didn't want to over-complicate it by explaining jester =x in my opinion Barb/Monk are the best choices, specially for someone starting the game. My intention with this guide is help the player that is getting to nightmare, and explain some of the basics I believe people starting nightmare should know. I'm very much not sure of the softcaps, and I was way too lazy to read your guide xD it's somewhere close to that number at least... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Assassin View Post
    No fighting D:

Seahorse why velocity and projectiles and then base damage?
    I would have thought logically base damage and projectiles then velocity would give best damage? Or is there some restriction on the number of projectile active? Or range?
    I meant, cap Velocity and Projectiles, other than that put everything into base damage =x going to rearrange the words a little better tomorrow I guess.
    Daniel "Sound".

0 Not allowed!
    With a buff beam, you hit a great range just below 1k tower range. As for harpoons/mage towers, you don't any soft cap until you get 2400 or higher.

0 Not allowed!

That's not velocity (red). That's rate, as in "rate of fire." The boxed (orange) stat is the stat that is actually velocity, as in "speed."

("Velocity: the rate of change in an object's position in space. Also called speed.")