Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Dungeon Defenders II Announced

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    12 Not allowed!

Dungeon Defenders II Announced

BarbarianSmash

Dungeon Defenders II is here.

Get ready for more heroes, more towers and more loot. The cooperative mode you know and love is in pre-alpha and shaping up to be something really special. We'll be providing the community with updates and welcoming feedback on a routine basis. Come back here Friday, March 22 for your exclusive first look at gameplay.

But wait, there's more? Well, first Dungeon Defenders II has a new competitive mode and... it's in closed beta as of today. Yes, it's a MOBA. Yes, you can play it at PAX East. And yes, you can sign up to join the waiting list for a beta key over in the little wood box in the top-right corner. For more on why we wanted to create a MOBA and how it's different, check out our FAQ page here.

Oh, and did we mention Dungeon Defenders II will be FREE! And yes, by that we mean free-to-play. No, it will not be pay to win. The exact details are in flux, but we'll have several opportunities for you to provide feedback both in and outside the beta. Our goal is to provide the same amount of content at around the same price as the original game.

ThereAreActuallyTowersInThisGame

There's some other things like playverse, cross-platform play and all that jazz. We'll be giving more information on those soon. Dungeon Defenders II is currently being developed for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and Web. You can find more info in our FAQ page.

Sound off in the comments! We can't wait to hear what you think and are excited to work with you to build Dungeon Defenders II.
    Last edited by iamisom; 03-19-2013 at 02:07 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait to try it out, I have been playing Dungeon defenders since it came out and its one of my all time favourites. I am a bit saddened that it is only a MOBA and not the same game as its origins (Tower Defence) - (unless I'm wrongly informed at tower defence is also in DD2!?), but I think you guys can pull something awesome here in the Moba (Strategy) Genre! Hope to play the game soon, the screenshots look amazing! So excited and F2P OMG!!
    Last edited by RuffRyder93; 03-18-2013 at 06:40 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffRyder93 View Post
    Can't wait to try it out, I have been playing Dungeon defenders since it came out and its one of my all time favourites. I am a bit saddened that it is only a MOBA and not the same game as its origins (Tower Defence), but I think you guys can pull something awesome here in the Moba (Strategy) Genre! Hope to play the game soon, the screenshots look amazing! So excited!
    It is a direct sequel to the original game, with all its tower defense goodness. There just ALSO is a competitive mode which is a MOBA.

0 Not allowed!
    Sweet! are those lightning towers? magic missile towers? ________?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmasher View Post
    It is a direct sequel to the original game, with all its tower defense goodness. There just ALSO is a competitive mode which is a MOBA.
    Will there be more lore added onto the game?

1 Not allowed!
    Pmasher-Junior Defender... too funny

0 Not allowed!
    That is what I thought in the beginning but then I read this in the OP, "But wait, there's more? Well, first Dungeon Defenders II has a new competitive mode and... it's in closed beta as of today. Yes, it's a MOBA."

So then I got a bit confused, hopefully your right!

2 Not allowed!
    WE WANT MORE STORY!
    Hopefully there will be lore/background stories for each and every characters D

0 Not allowed!
    I am so pumped for this! I like the extra game mode as well. Great move in my opinion.

0 Not allowed!
    My day has been made.