Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I am Isom, and I am leaving Trendy

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    27 Not allowed!

I am Isom, and I am leaving Trendy

Dear Defenders,

Thereís no easy way to say this, so here goes.

As of May 30, I will no longer be working at Trendy Entertainment. (Waits for tears.) Iím moving on to another opportunity -- one that will let me enjoy the mountain air and enjoy my youth while I can. (Waits for nods of approval.)

Laura and Angela will be on the community team to split my responsibilities for the time being. Weíre looking for another community manager to help out with the future of Trendy Entertainment. If youíd like to submit your resume, you can look at the job posting and follow the directions on that page. I know there are many talented individuals in our community who would be capable of such a task, and I would be sad if not one of you tried for the position.

The wonderful community events, the passionate posts on the forums, the in-depth guides and Letís Plays -- time and time again you have uplifted my spirits and enriched my life with your presence. I mean that. I think of you as my family -- to some degree, even closer than my blood family. We have some crazy uncles and a few crazy cat ladies in our midst, but most of you are sane, rational people that I would invite to my Trendy family reunion. You, dear community members, are the sole reason I was hesitant to take the new position. I have been incredibly blessed to hang out with you every day. This has been the best job I have ever had. But some opportunities are too good, too timely, too alluring to pass up.

To my wonderful moderators, both past and present -- Alhanalem, Classic22, DarkPython, Dredd, Finally, Immortal D, Iyashii, Jetah, KanibalKittN, Naed, TitoDaddy, Victoryoftheppl -- thanks for going above and beyond to keep the forums clean. Your feedback concerning community ideas and changes have helped the community more than they could ever know. I hope that you will still be around to help Laura and Angela in the same way that you have helped me.

To the beta team members, whose names are too plentiful to list, you have been vital to the success of Dungeon Defenders and the future success of Dungeon Defenders II. Your dedication to the team and honest (sometimes brutal) feedback humbles us and makes us want to make better content. We can never thank you enough for taking a chainsaw to our DLCs and beta content and carving them into works of art. (Hanging phallus and all.)

To the community event hosts, there are absolutely no words for the time you put in to entertain the community week in and week out. Hands down, your creativity increased the longevity of our tiny $15 game tenfold. Your events remain the only reason why some members are still playing the game, and for that, we are eternally grateful. After seeing the community event map today, itís great to see that a year and a half after the first events, you havenít slowed down. Keep up the great work.

To the community map makers, your creations revolutionized the way Dungeon Defenders is played. From maps with dynamically evolving levels to interactive secret elements to entirely new game modes, your maps have stunned everyone here at Trendy. I sincerely hope that you continue to make maps long after this current Map Contest.

To everyone else not mentioned here, you are no less brilliant, no less wonderful than the amazing people above. I look forward to hearing from Laura and Angela about all of the wonderful things that youíll do.

Iím incredibly excited for the rest of the team to release Dungeon Defenders II. I canít wait to fight against you in the PvP and defend Etheria once again in the co-op. The team hasnít begun to reveal all the best secrets about the game. Iím sad I wonít be the one to share them with you.

If youíre curious about where Iím going, follow me on Twitter and youíll find out very soon. Iíll be sure to livestream games every now and then on my personal Twitch account.

Stay classy, Etheria. Iíll miss you.

Sincerely,

Hitmonchan/iamisom

4 Not allowed!
    But, Josh ;-;

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsh View Post
    But, Josh ;-;
    Don't make me cry. ;-;

6 Not allowed!
    It just wont be the same without you ;~;

I'll never forget everything you've done for me. I remember the first time we met. I was 4 years old and I had fallen down outside of Trendy Headquarters and hurt my knee and was crying. You heard the noise and came outside to see what was going on, and you took me in and raised like I was your own son.

And then there was that one year for my birthday where you dressed up like Batman and had Icearrow dress up like the Joker. And then you pretended that you had to save the city from him and needed my help. You even built a fully functioning batmobile.

Thank you so much for everything ;~;

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by imported_some_guy View Post
    It just wont be the same without you ;~;

I'll never forget everything you've done for me. I remember the first time we met. I was 4 years old and I had fallen down outside of Trendy Headquarters and hurt my knee and was crying. You heard the noise and came outside to see what was going on, and you took me in and raised like I was your own son.

And then there was that one year for my birthday where you dressed up like Batman and had Icearrow dress up like the Joker. And then you pretended that you had to save the city from him and needed my help. You even built a fully functioning batmobile.

Thank you so much for everything ;~;
    They can't say I never went above and beyond for the community.

Take care, Robin. Or, should I say, Nightwing.

P.S. I wish we could have made that Jurassic Park DLC.

4 Not allowed!
    You handle yourself with patience and class far beyond your years. Those traits will serve you very well in the years to come. Very best wishes, my friend. You deserve a great future.

8 Not allowed!
    I gave the post a thumbs-up in honor of all the joyous sentiments, and in your life itself moving into more fulfilling places. But at the same time, there is great sorrow in seeing you go. You've been such a vital part of the community for much of this game's lifespan. And while the game itself is a masterpiece to begin with, the community is truly the heart and endurance of this game.

The people at Trendy are not only developers, artists, coders, and staffers, but they are members of the community themselves. This sets them apart. You are one of the best embodiments of that principle. Someone who is down to earth, a good friend to many, a lover of games themselves, smart, funny, outgoing, and almost everything you could want in someone who represents the connection between Trendy and its community.

At the same time, in missing you, we should feel joy in where your journey leads next. When you say that Trendy and its community will forever be in your heart, we know this is more than just words. I have faith that Laura and crew will do well in your absence, and we have faith that whomever is added to the community team will continue to uphold the traditions you gladly led us to see as commonplace. ^_^

4 Not allowed!
    I only ever talked to you once, but that was a great half hr of my life. Hope you have a good time at your new job, I just new it was gonna be you though. Thx for everything you did for the comunity hope you have an even better new job. The only good thing I can think coming out of this is UnarmedReaper becoming the new comuinty manager.
    Spoiler: 
    GT:AK47Fan762
    Spoiler: 
    The RED events. http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/s...ent-Info-ONLY)
    Spoiler: 
    Eating tacos all day
    Spoiler: 
    I quit DD.
    Spoiler: 
    Thumbs up:207 Help me leave Reaper and Star in the dust by liking my post.

1 Not allowed!
    Best wishes Hit. You did fine work for this game and I'm sure you will be missed by all. Glad you were part of this amazing time for Trendy. DD was something truly special in so many ways!

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    You handle yourself with patience and class far beyond your years. Those traits will serve you very well in the years to come. Very best wishes, my friend. You deserve a great future.
    Thanks, Damocles! A wise philosopher once said, "You only live once." Those great words have been the rallying cry of my generation. I hope my children, who will become very famous doctor/lawyer/DJs, will tell their children those same words.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinUkyo View Post
    I gave the post a thumbs-up in honor of all the joyous sentiments, and in your life itself moving into more fulfilling places. But at the same time, there is great sorrow in seeing you go. You've been such a vital part of the community for much of this game's lifespan. And while the game itself is a masterpiece to begin with, the community is truly the heart and endurance of this game.

The people at Trendy are not only developers, artists, coders, and staffers, but they are members of the community themselves. This sets them apart. You are one of the best embodiments of that principle. Someone who is down to earth, a good friend to many, a lover of games themselves, smart, funny, outgoing, and almost everything you could want in someone who represents the connection between Trendy and its community.

At the same time, in missing you, we should feel joy in where your journey leads next. When you say that Trendy and its community will forever be in your heart, we know this is more than just words. I have faith that Laura and crew will do well in your absence, and we have faith that whomever is added to the community team will continue to uphold the traditions you gladly led us to see as commonplace. ^_^
    Thank you for the very kind words, ShinUkyo. You've always been one of the most well-spoken, rational members of this community. I'm going to miss you.